Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fujinon XF 23mm f/2 R WR coming ..
Quote:A 12mm f/5.6, please. ;-)

Voigtländer?
enjoy
Quote:A 12mm f/5.6, please. ;-)

Now the trends to fast, supersharp wide open, but bokehlicious and heavy lenses is through and some "I only shoot in bright light, but need DoF from my nose to the moon"-photogs can ask for slow lenses.  Big Grin

I like the 35/2 as well, it's cute and tiny. And pretty fast to focus. I don't think I'll give up or away the 23/1.4, but if I had to decide between the f/1.4 and the f/2, today I'd take the lightweight, weather-resistant, fast AF with "normal" behaviour for manual override. This clutch is awkward...
Quote:Now the trends to fast, supersharp wide open, but bokehlicious and heavy lenses is through and some "I only shoot in bright light, but need DoF from my nose to the moon"-photogs can ask for slow lenses.  Big Grin

I like the 35/2 as well, it's cute and tiny. And pretty fast to focus. I don't think I'll give up or away the 23/1.4, but if I had to decide between the f/1.4 and the f/2, today I'd take the lightweight, weather-resistant, fast AF with "normal" behaviour for manual override. This clutch is awkward...

I thought the clutch was quite awkward too. Actually it has a purpose. Fuji lenses with the MF clutch behave like normal lenses. They still focus via their focus motor but they strictly follow the distance scale on the lens, where a usual mirrorless lens would try to track depending on how fast you turn the ring. 

The bad news is you have to disengage the clutch to focus manuall. Good news is ring will behave just like a conventional, good old lens with predictable focus. You can also do zone focusing without ever looking at the live view.

There is a reason Fuji only uses the clutch on wide angle primes.
Quote:They have a 28/2.8 and a 23/1.4 too, that didn't exactly stop them, did it?

There is a considerable difference between 16mm and 18mm, even on aps-c.
Not a valid comparison, innit? Not only they're 4mm apart (23 and 27, not 28), but they're totally different in scope and application: one is a "balls to the wall" fast prime, the other is a pancake 2 stops slower.

BTW, a colleague of mine has an X-E1 (I think) with that pancake as a backup to his FF Canon system. Looks pretty neat, especially for places where whipping out a 5D Mark II and L lenses would get you kicked out / make you an attention grabber. Churns out good pictures as well.

P. S. If the focus clutch is anything like what the old Sigma / Tamron / Tokina lenses had (and I had a few of those, including a rare Tokina 17/3.5 pretty recently), it's a bad idea any way you slice it. Pretty awkward to use.

If people will argue 18mm is a good replacement for 16mm, I'll say 27mm is a good replacement for 23mm as well Smile

Again, you fail to see my point. But by all means, get the current 16mm if you're so sure you need exactly this FL.