Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fujinon XF 23mm f/2 R WR coming ..
http://photorumors.com/2016/08/10/fuji-f...ed-online/

Seems as if Fuji is now targeting street photography ...

(the 35mm f/2 is awesome)

It is the ideal camera for that genre of photography with nice wide aperture glass! Plus it looks the part!

I tried  little street photography here in France, but it's one of the few countries where you haven't the "right" to photograph people in the street. You get called out at and the whole scenario is fraught with stress and pressure, hence I've given up on it, luckily it's not my favourite style of shooting!

Quote:It is the ideal camera for that genre of photography with nice wide aperture glass! Plus it looks the part!

I tried  little street photography here in France, but it's one of the few countries where you haven't the "right" to photograph people in the street. You get called out at and the whole scenario is fraught with stress and pressure, hence I've given up on it, luckily it's not my favourite style of shooting!
You didn't try street photography in Lebanon.

When you have a camera you are considered a spy, more precisely ISIS spy, you have even sometimes to do with the police or security agents, or worst some militiamen in civil clothing , Lebanese army guys are nonetheless more understanding as long as you stay away from the tanks and bases.

It is disgusting when a dude comes from nowhere saying he is a security or secret agent and he wants to check every single picture on your camera to verify you didn't take forbidden pictures, luckily when it happened to me, there was a police patrol passing by, I asked for help and they solved the issue,  naturally I never went shooting at that place again.
Still waiting for a cheap and cheerful 16/2.

Quote:You didn't try street photography in Lebanon.

When you have a camera you are considered a spy, more precisely ISIS spy, you have even sometimes to do with the police or security agents, or worst some militiamen in civil clothing , Lebanese army guys are nonetheless more understanding as long as you stay away from the tanks and bases.

It is disgusting when a dude comes from nowhere saying he is a security or secret agent and he wants to check every single picture on your camera to verify you didn't take forbidden pictures, luckily when it happened to me, there was a police patrol passing by, I asked for help and they solved the issue,  naturally I never went shooting at that place again.

Sounds an unhealthy place to be with a camera!!

Over the years I have developed an allergy to being shot for spying , my doctor advised me just this condition alone can be life threatening  :unsure:  !

oops!
Quote:Still waiting for a cheap and cheerful 16/2.
The 18/2 should be a nice tool for that, not sure they're going to release two lenses with the same aperture and one just 2mm shorter than the other. That, and there's already a 16mm lens in their stable.
A 12mm f/5.6, please. ;-)

Quote:The 18/2 should be a nice tool for that, not sure they're going to release two lenses with the same aperture and one just 2mm shorter than the other. That, and there's already a 16mm lens in their stable.

They have a 28/2.8 and a 23/1.4 too, that didn't exactly stop them, did it?

There is a considerable difference between 16mm and 18mm, even on aps-c.

I believe there are several f2 lenses on the roadmap. I think it has more to do with appealing to the micro 4/3 (low weight) crowd. The x-t10 is small and light and with the f2 lenses should be weight competitive with smaller systems. For the larger x-t2/pro2 the larger lenses make good sense.  At least that is my impression.

-

To be honest I would think the market is some what saturated; but perhaps that is why the price tag is a bit unappealing - to deal with lower volume.