Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what lenses do you wish to see arriving on the market
A 1:1 macro zoom is also something I would like, but in reality it would likely be too complicated to do well.

1, 1x magnification at max zoom only. Ability to zoom out could help, but at reduced magnification regardless of focus distance.

2, 1x magnification through whole range, but you would need to move subject-lens distance to maintain that. Could it be possible? Implicitly you could have more than 1x at longer zoom to keep 1x at wide end.

3, 1x magnification through whole range, with no need to refocus. Might be near impossible to implement but would be really cool! In a dedicated system I think it likely the sensor would need to be moved as well as the lens.

Actually, isn't there a thing in video, where you keep a fixed subject size but vary the overall field of view so the background does weird things? I assume it is done by zooming while moving the camera, sometimes better, sometimes worse depending on the cameraman.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:I would love a 20-105mm lens with not to much distortion. I know that's is next to impossible, but we are allowed to dream, aren't we.

But if I look to a lens which excists, then I would love a Canon 100mm macro. But all things considering, I am thinking of switching brands/system. I wonder if I should stay with a Dslr-camera altogether. So, that's why I refrain myself for buying any new lenses currently.

Kind regards,

Reinier
Hi Reinier,

Just get a Metabones adapter for the system you are moving too, or want to use in addition. You can then reuse all of your Canon lenses Smile.

​For FF lenses you could use an Ultra XL, which gives you crop-factor * 0.64, and for APS-C lenses the Speed Booster or Speed Booster Ultra, which will give you crop-factor * 0.7, and make your sensor still eb covered entirely by the resulting image circle.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Hello Wim,

That's a good tip, thank you!

I am already thinking of other lenses and maybe camera for well over a year, but there are no stores close by where I can take some test shots and just hold the camera. Which is important to me. I cannot travel very far, because of back (and other) problems and I don't want to buy a new camera without just holding it first. You can return equipmpent without a reason nowadays. But I think it's better to just rent some different camera's instead. Some stores even offer to send equipment and I found one store which is located in The Hague(I live in Westland, which is 12-15km to this particular store), so I can ask someone to pick it up for me.

So, hopefully I can finally move forward.

Kind regards,

Reinier