Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di USD VC
Quote:It's true I rarely zoom to less than 600mm, however it is useful sometimes, when finding a bird in the sky with APSc!

The more I read the more I think that the difference between the Sport and the Tamron at the long end is not so great, better no doubt than the T but maybe better to spent a bit more, the Nikons keep their value S/H.   The Nikor had a new focus motor eight years ago and comes with receipt and alu case and camo, the owner is a semi-pro nature shooter with his own site, all Pyrenees nature birds and animals. 

I'm hanging on that hook again, top lip getting longer by the minute!
Grow both lips, duckface is all the rage in contemporary photography!
Already drooling?  Big Grin It's owner is going to get the new Fluorit version?

I found the zooming only comfortable when the lens was mounted on a Gimbal- or other tripod-head. When holding the camera with one hand and zooming with the other, I used the longer tripod foot to rest on my wrist - either way, zooming or focusing manually is no zzzzippp-and-done action.

I'm not in front of the Mac otherwise I could look after shots with the lens not done at 600 or 840 mm, but I doubt the number is anything higher than 2 digits compared to 1000 at 600 mm. It's also not very convenient, that I have had to lock the zoom ring when pointing it towards the sky. So you have more something like a 7-step prime than a seamless zoom.

Object and optics wise, I would like the 500mm f4 lens, Dave. Usability wise, I'd like the lighter zooms. I won't be much help in trying to figure this one out.

Quote:Grow both lips, duckface is all the rage in contemporary photography!
 It would match the fact that I'm quackers!
I'm pretty impressed by the results.  600mm and AF and sometimes at least, very sharp.  I'd like to try it!

(Nice pictures Dave!)

For the record, when I clicked the sample photo on the top right, It showed the same photo as the top left.  I tried it several times.  (Sorry!)

Quote:I'm pretty impressed by the results.  600mm and AF and sometimes at least, very sharp.  I'd like to try it!

(Nice pictures Dave!)

Thank you Arthur!
  Well, most about the Tamron has been said here and some have looked at my Flickr page (thank you) and after the review have an idea at least of the general IQ of it can produce on a reasonable site that Flickr is.

I just want to post a link to Dropbox for those who have the inclination look at a RAW image in order to see a the image before any processing, it is a NEF file from the D750, so maybe not everybody can open it!

I have said that I shoot manual exposure at low ISO using Nikon's ISO invariance to avoid the any risk of burnt out whites (birds details ) and the image is underexposed here. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1col6236mvfrhe...5.NEF?dl=0

It shows it's faults in the form of those irritating onion ring highlights and it's close up sharpness straight out of the box before I spend time making the image presentable with PP.