Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di USD VC
Of all the images I have taken at 600mm (and there are many) the amount that have, by coincidence, had the corners in the same plane of focus as the subject is more than rare, in fact I wonder why we are corner orientated  at all....it's not as if we are talking brick wall photography.

Given the DOF is at best, 1/2 meter and often less, with a subject less likely to be in focus at the edge, even  less so in the corners, what we are looking for with the Sport  is a general broad spread of sharpness of 3/4 frame which is significantly better than what the Tamron offers. (at least I speak for myself)....something that will be genuinely sharper on the APSc sensor so as to take full advantage of the boost in reach (crop factor)

So I wait in anticipation and with baited breath, for the results of the Sigma Sports resolution figures....hoping with the mercy of our Lord Almighty that it's bokeh will not have too many bloody onions in it! 

......Hic! 

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di USD VC - by davidmanze - 05-19-2016, 12:26 AM