Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC destroys MAC with the same price on lightroom test
"Takes them ages to release something" says the tester of the 150-600 mm lenses  :lol: That was too good to be missed, sorry. You know, my hardcore "whatever you make, I'll buy it, Steve"-times are over since quite a while. Also, I have not much of a use of a huge 15" laptop which itself is stoneage, no matter who builds it. If it has to be mobile with all the limits ergonomically and can't be done by a tablet, I prefer small ones.

Anybody remembers some bonmots? "Netbooks simply don't work" and now they sell 11" and 12" MacBooks (but I must say, the keyboards used on them are very impressive). "Styluses are always bad because you don't know where to store them" And now they make two iPad Pro and a stylus - once the Genius left Earth, Apple returned to be an ordinary IT company with some nicely designed devices and also carefully kept up prices  Big Grin Sure, when they started to make a device which already existed like MP3 player, cellphone, all-in-one PCs, they came up with a bucket of new ideas or/and better quality at a higher price - which doesn't look like that high when I think about how long I can use the devices. But these days they are only re-chewing Steve's ideas.  Sad

And the question, on which device Lightroom runs faster... I could not care less about but somehow I enjoy the prejudice that LR would crash with libs over 30.000 RAWs. Making performing databases user-friendly was one of the big core competences of Apple - Adobe just copied what they were able to copy.

Messages In This Thread
PC destroys MAC with the same price on lightroom test - by JJ_SO - 04-27-2016, 05:25 AM