Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirrorless cameras - AF microadjustment questions
Thanks for all the replies - a very interesting read into the depths of AF in general.

I dug out an email from the Tamron UK service center (Intro 2020 Ltd.) where I had my lens adjusted in 2015 (I lived in Ireland at that time, back in Deutschland now) - and this is what they had adjusted:

- The paper report stated "Adjusted AF data" - nothing more, nothing less.

- On further enquiry with their support, this is copy and paste from their email: "I have spoken with the technician who has clarified the manual adjustment you are enquiring about. The infinity point was moved along with adjustments made to the resolution power. "

So ... if there was a manual adjustment made, I am pretty sure if using the lens on a different DSLR body it may need AFMA. But what about on a mirrorless like M5? Still not quite clear to me if any manual adjustments would have any impact if using on a mirrorless body.

I'm thinking of buying either an 80D so not problem there .... or an M5 which since yesterday is really cheap on Amazon (less than 1000€ with basic kit lens, then 100€ rebate from Amazon directly + 100€ cashback from Canon) - yes I did check with Amazon support and they told me the M5 is eligible for both rebates/cashbacks Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Mirrorless cameras - AF microadjustment questions - by aleras - 11-29-2017, 06:20 PM
Mirrorless cameras - AF microadjustment questions - by davidmanze - 11-30-2017, 08:20 AM