Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bunch of Nikkor legacy primes - what to keep (to use with Sony APS-C), what to sell?
AF-N 180mm f2.8, what does the N mean? ........

............  The "N" was for when the focus rings were rubberized, before they were the rather horrible thin metal rings,  it' was the short lived pre "D" notation. I have the AF24 F2.8N.

As so

Quote: 

<div> 
Lenses are made to be used. It's a pity if they sit down to take the dust (unless you're a collector, but I'm not a collector). So, if I don't use them, I prefer to know that somebody else does.

</div>
That's what I used to do at the time, however now since I am promoting photography among my friends and have created something like a photography club, I am simply lending them to some friends who are beginners in photography, even that lending seems more like offering in my case, that's what happened to my 30D, 300D, the kit lens 18-55, 28mm f2.8, tokina 24-200 (BTW a friend managed to make a flex cable himself for the lens it is now working nicely) 

Of all those lenses I would only keep the 180/2.8, at least as long as you get yourself a fast AF tele. The others? Less so, I have the prejudice dedicated mirrorless wide-angles will deliver better quality than old SLR glass.