Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bunch of Nikkor legacy primes - what to keep (to use with Sony APS-C), what to sell?
Quote:Just an outsider question: with autofocus adapters won't Nikon lenses function similar to native sony lenses ? or am I wrong ?

It seems they don't: the first available reviews of the Nikon-Sony adapters are revealing lots of problems. This might be something due to the fact that they are new products, but it can be also due to the fact that the Nikon F-mount is more complex to deal with. Sigma, for instance, clearly stated that they won't be making a MC-11 adapter for the Nikon world.

Back to my perspective, if I'm using a fast prime I don't need autofocusing: it means I have plenty of time to play, I have a static subject and thus focus peaking will do.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
A bunch of Nikkor legacy primes - what to keep (to use with Sony APS-C), what to sell? - by stoppingdown - 03-29-2016, 01:11 PM