Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long time lurker: Love the 'zone. Request for a review. 150-600mm? Please
Long time lurker: Love the 'zone. I'm a newb forumwize but i'm Requesting a review. Either tamron or sigma 150-600mm!

It's weird neither has been reviewed yet but let's make it happen!

THank you and dankAHshunH!

Lenstip has very detailed reviews of the 150-600mm trilogy...... the Tamron and the two Sigmas......

A comparison between them is clear to make there!

Two of the 150-600 are now 3rd and 4th in line.

The Sport?.......and........the Tamron?
Quote:The Sport?.......and........the Tamron?

Yes, my spouse told me to get rid of these bins. They occupy too much space ... ;-)
Could be worse. Imagine you have to carry them...

Quote:Yes, my spouse told me to get rid of these bins. They occupy too much space ... ;-)

Is the space in  Australia or Germany.....Vis à vis duty?

The space is in Oz
Quote:Yes, my spouse told me to get rid of these bins. They occupy too much space ... ;-)
Thank God you're not collecting dem Canon Big Whites like a few folks over at FredMiranda.com forum do...  Rolleyes
Comment on the Tamron's VC at 600mm.....

....... As has been said, the Tamron's VC stabilizing system has it's faults at the long end.......shots taken at 1/1600 sec. are invariably blurred with the VC system "on", so I switch it off!...... but using shutter speeds of 1/125-320 sec.the VC produces perfectly sharp results with no trace of shake/movement ( given a statistical 80% success rate). 

I know it is recommended to not use VC at higher shutter speeds......and the system operates at high(ish)  frequency.....nonetheless it does seem strange that at the relatively high shutter speed of 1/1600 sec. the VC manages to make consistently blurred images.

During a series of hand held bird shooting I was getting a very good success rate of sharp images with the VC "on" compared to results with it "off" at 600mm @ 1/320 sec.

Overall I would say that apart from the viewfinder image jumps a little, it stabilizes pretty well, the biggest problem is remembering to switch it off again when shooting high shutter speeds and when panning...... a link to an indicator in the viewfinder would be a clever touch......as has the K3's VF hand symbol.