Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary vs Sport?
Quote:"Have you a link for the review of the A6000 and the Tamron? I would mind seeing it!"

E.g.: http://garyhartblog.com/2015/11/03/big-moon/

If you search through Gary's blog there are other posts about that combo.
  Thanks for the link........I now see your inspiration!
... in the meantime, I've pre-ordered the Sigma MC-11 adapter at Amazon.de... let's see how long it will take. I'll try to resolve the Sport vs Contemporary dilemma in the next days. I've added a further consideration. Obviously I like to spend less, but money in this case aren't the primary criterion. My point is that I'd like to be sure that, if I pay for something more, I'll use it. I hate to spend money for features I don't need or I'm unable to use. It seems there's some extra sharpness at 600mm for the S, and that's a point. The third, negative, criterion is weight: the S version is almost 3kg, compared to the 2kg of the C version. It's unlikely that I carry this kind of lens for longer than short hikes, so in the end 2kg vs 3kg might be not important. OTOH, the old Nikon D7000 + AFS 300 f/4 combo weights exactly the same as the A6300 plus the C version... This means that, even though my back is worse than years ago, if I was able to carry the old combo, I'd be able to carry the new combo - just less frequently. Adding one kg would be a worse scenario. So the C version might be slightly more versatile...

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
I think, it's possible to get a second hand Sports at nearly the price of first hand Contemporary.

Quote:I think, it's possible to get a second hand Sports at nearly the price of first hand Contemporary.

Are you talking about your sports JoJu? Send me your paypal account details.... Rolleyes

Quote:  Are you talking about your sports JoJu? Send me your paypal account details.... Rolleyes
  1. I'm not using PayPal to get or pay money  -_-
  2. tonight I saw a Canon version for 1100.- Swiss francs, the guy was selling it because the lens was not fast enough for him in terms of wide open aperture (but actually Sigma doesn't make a secret out of the f-stops...)
  3. If I'd sell mine, there's the additional foot and the converter for which I don't have a use anymore once the lens would be sold.
  4. this evening I made a quick and dirty comparison of the Sigma 150-600 and the Fujinon 100-400. At 400mm and DX mode of D810 they are equal (to me). At 600 mm and FF compared to 400 APS-C there are differences, less in sharpness, more in noise of the sensor.
[Image: screen-capture-14-XL.jpg]

[Image: screen-capture-15-XL.jpg]

[Image: screen-capture-19-XL.jpg]
 They look fairly equal, first shot goes to Sigma, second to Fuji, two many branches in the third.

Purnimadigital is out of stock of the Sport, I'm waiting for a restock!

The first one was D810 FF (left) and downsized to Fuji APS-C (right, at 100%)  Wink

The second one was set the D810 to DX-mode and put the Sigma also to 400 mm, as well as the third.

Just sold my Sigma to somebody who had the Contemporary version and wants the Sports  Smile

I asked him, why? Then he showed me some comparisons: http://giannikrattli.com/reviews/simga-1...-vs-sports