Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lensrentals's Fuji 55-200 lens teardown
Pretty impressive.

It appears Fuji knows how to build high quality lenses, especially at this price point :-)

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/02...s-teardown

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Just read that article too. Certainly gives more confidence in buying Fuji lenses.
I'm mixed about it. From the tear down the lens looks like it was designed to be adjusted but not easily fixed (too much labor). However, I think Klaus commented that he could never get his decentered lenses adjusted but perhaps I am mistaken.

-

I know the old contax non zooms were trivial to adjust but perhaps we are comparing apple to oranges since they were mechanical.

Quote: 

I'll repeat what I've said before --  intelligent people come and inform us about what we don't understand in the comments section. Less intelligent people come inform us about what they don't understand in the comments section. Sometimes it's really hard to tell which category a given comment belongs in.
I really wonder what this Cigala-guy is trying to tell his readers...

:lol:

Any of the Contax lenses at double the price at least with focus motor, AF and OS? I recall two Contax zooms at 4× the price of this Fujinon.

Well, my first sample started with a massive centering issue and ended with a stuck zoom mechanism.

Neither the first nor the 2nd sample reached 200mm ( also applies to the 18-135 which doesn't go to 135mm).
 The current test lens Tamron 24-70mm VC on SLRgear was borrowed from Lensrentals.......it is quite de-centered......

I thought lensrentals filtered out the below spec lenses and returned them for replacement!

When you indicate it didn't reach 200; do you mean the lens zoom feature was broken or does this mean it is really a 50-190 (or wahtever) lens ?

Quote:Well, my first sample started with a massive centering issue and ended with a stuck zoom mechanism.

Neither the first nor the 2nd sample reached 200mm ( also applies to the 18-135 which doesn't go to 135mm).
The 200mm end is fuzzy mechanically.

You can't set it to 200mm nor does the EXIF data show 200mm. Same goes for the 18-135mm.

Greetings from Tahurangi hut
Quote: The current test lens Tamron 24-70mm VC on SLRgear was borrowed from Lensrentals.......it is quite de-centered......

I thought lensrentals filtered out the below spec lenses and returned them for replacement!
The 24mm end is very good, which is par for the course for a 24-70mm lens.  You can get good at one end consistently, rarely both.
...did they get any better lately...???...how does one determine the age/vintage of one's lens...???...

...how badly have I fuked up my 55-200 lens by removing it w/o shutting off the camera...???...

...how do you tell if your lens is not centered...???...anything obvious...???...