Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about talking pictures rather than gear ?
I run photo workshops here in Bohinj (Slovenia) and you know what?

People actually are not interested in what I have to say/share/teach.

They want to go from place A to B to Z, see all the "highlights" and just have a good time. All with good food and plenty of beer and wine of course.

Photography is just an excuse. The same with a lot of photography sites.

People want to talk about gear. And to be honest, this is a good thing. I much prefer to talk about a new lens than to discuss about a photo. Don't you?

(In the image below that's me second from the left. As you can see no one is actually listening to what I am saying.)

Quote:(In the image below that's me second from the left. As you can see no one is actually listening to what I am saying.)
I only can say, only one is watching you. From the picture I can't say, nobody is listening to you, Andy. You need to improve your skills in photographing soundwaves  B)

I often find myself looking in a very dull and boring direction to remain undistracted if I try to focus on a speech, especially if the speaker talks about abstarct stuff.. 
I once had a private (actually two) tour and after some time I asked if there was anything - technique, God forbid - that they would like for me to cover/touch/expand. The answer was "No, we're fine".

Sometimes, maybe even often, the "students" have better gear than me. But they have absolutely no clue what any of the buttons do. So I end up spending half the time trying to figure how they need to be using their gear.

Anyways, I hope I'm not putting off all the eager-beaver shooters from going out and doing their stuff.
Sorry, was not listening. What'd you say?  Huh

:lol:

I said "Maybe after lunch with a bottle of Teran (Slovene grape) we will go over the difference between shooting at f9 vs f16".
Right, exactly what I understood. [Image: dring27x25.gif]

And what is this aperture-thing doing anyway? I always read about equivalencing?

I really miss the good old site layout. After the upgrade I felt photozone wasn't anymore the same place it used to be. So I stopped posting for a couple of years then eventually came back, and I really miss those good old days when I used to run parties, we used to share plenty of pictures and discuss the pictures.

It all started when I posted a picture of a window then everyone followed. Then we used to have a party every two weeks, no rating, no contest, just sharing picture. I assure you I learnt a lot from it. I remember the last party theme was"everyday scenery"