Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR
Quote:Liked the obective (as usual) review, fuji guys should be disappointed.

Every manufacturer has a fast standard lens, this one seems one of the  worst and one of the  most expensive

Only those should be disappointed for who a 16-55 is a must have. I don't know, I'm not interested much in zoom offerings in APS-C. Others like their primes as well. It is no cheap lens given the offerings for normal APS-C DSLRs. But then, even when looking at contemporary 24-70/2.8 zooms: how much of them are flawless although some come at double the price? Buying a zoom is very often living with a mixed bag, and buying a prime or a lot of, will fill up the real bag. No matter which way you go, there are some drawbacks. I simply don't expect a zoom to be super great. "Versatile" is enough as long as the pictures are acceptable. And honestly people how many of you are always happy with what's coming out of your standard zoom? Wide open corners as well?

One could say "but it's weather resistant". Please don't get me wrong I don't want to defend Fuji or this lens. I'm still at the stage how surprisingly well they are doing, but seeing what's happening when I import pictures made within the 35/2, there are massive corrections done in Aperture, like correcting corners. Fuji is relying on software manipulation of the original picture, so to say. If you switched that off, they cook with water like everybody else.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by JJ_SO - 02-08-2016, 09:50 AM
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by davidmanze - 02-08-2016, 04:02 PM
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR - by davidmanze - 02-09-2016, 07:16 AM