Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Lomography Jupiter 3+ 50mm f/1.5 L39/M
Quote:When the ugly is trendy again, someone is inevitably going to cash in on it... *facepalm*

But of late, the fad for not only using, but commercially resurrecting - at overblown prices - old junk that has been rightfully buried in the dust of time - is accelerating. Thankfully it's only that - a fad, so give it some time and stuff like this (I'm sure all of you can name quite a few extra examples) will return to the burial ground of history.
  I was with you on that Rover....however looking at a further video which compares the Jupiter9 vs the Samyang with a view to video footage, there is something to say for a lens which has low contrast and hazy flare wide open, it clearly shows that Samyang's perfect contrast rendering actually darkened  the shadows too  much removing atmosphere and colour in the shot......not to mention the very excellent round diaphragm which truly remains round when heavily stopped down, given it does also sharpen up nicely. 

We are "wowed" on Canon/Nikons nine round bladed iris's........ when we are seeing fifteen bladed Russian lenses? they seemed to have little trouble doing it cheaply and are out there still functioning away forty years on.

The aspect that makes it difficult to swallow is the S/H examples out there at about the right price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUkQFA4pUzU

If I find one at the right price I'll buy it........I came across one yesterday on "le bon coin" site, but the guy was wanting to sell the whole kit which was based on a Kiev.

Messages In This Thread
new Lomography Jupiter 3+ 50mm f/1.5 L39/M - by davidmanze - 01-25-2016, 10:04 AM
new Lomography Jupiter 3+ 50mm f/1.5 L39/M - by davidmanze - 01-26-2016, 09:02 AM
new Lomography Jupiter 3+ 50mm f/1.5 L39/M - by davidmanze - 01-27-2016, 09:57 AM
new Lomography Jupiter 3+ 50mm f/1.5 L39/M - by davidmanze - 01-27-2016, 01:01 PM
new Lomography Jupiter 3+ 50mm f/1.5 L39/M - by davidmanze - 01-27-2016, 04:05 PM
new Lomography Jupiter 3+ 50mm f/1.5 L39/M - by davidmanze - 01-27-2016, 04:36 PM