Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 90mm f/2 R LM WR
More of this, please ...   :lol:

http://www.opticallimits.com/fuji_x/968-fuji90f2

Glad you like it, I like mine quite a lot
Heavy indeed for a 90mm f2 APS-C lens. A lot of that is down to the many elements, which probably are also the main factor for its hight price. It does render nicely.

Very nice, if not in price.......but to be quite honest the build quality here is way better than Nikon's plastic offerings.....their's are expensive and plasticy ....the Fuji is expensive and metal with super sharpness.......

..........after the "Sanish Fuji AF precision inquisition" here........I raised half an eyebrow when I read.......

........ the accuracy (AF) is fine from a real world perspective although we weren't so thrilled in the lab during our MTF tests (which require an exceedingly high precision here)..........

...I'm sure BC spotted it too...(my PDAF BIA)...... Tongue

.......that vignetting.....Hmmm........facebook's rumours?.......I'm getting medium format ones popping up now.......

.......let alone FF......

......The fire alarm hasn't yet sounded........but is that smoke on the horizon?........

American Express JoJu?...........that'll do nicely!

There's one sentence under construction: "Fujifilm also The lens has a dedicated aperture ring with distinctive 1/3EV steps."

I can't say for Canon, but Nikon manufacture it's 85/1.8 - like nearly all f/1.8 G lenses - in China. Yesterday I played a bit with a 85/1.4 G adapted on a X-E2. The fat magenta ring around all metallic highlights when shooting wide open puts the price tag in a good looking proportion as well Smile
Quote:Very nice, if not in price.......but to be quite honest the build quality here is way better than Nikon's plastic offerings.....their's are expensive and plasticy ....the Fuji is expensive and metal with super sharpness.......

..........after the "Sanish Fuji AF precision inquisition" here........I raised half an eyebrow when I read.......

........ the accuracy (AF) is fine from a real world perspective although we weren't so thrilled in the lab during our MTF tests (which require an exceedingly high precision here)..........

...I'm sure BC spotted it too...(my PDAF BIA)...... Tongue

.......that vignetting.....Hmmm........facebook's rumours?.......I'm getting medium format ones popping up now.......

.......let alone FF......

......The fire alarm hasn't yet sounded........but is that smoke on the horizon?........

American Express JoJu?...........that'll do nicely!

I was talking about the MANUAL focus precision there :-)
Quote:      American Express JoJu?...........that'll do nicely!
 That 135 mm focus length was never something growing to me, but who can tell, during the next 35 years it might be the thing

As I wrote I can help me with a manual focused 85 mm. No, I'm looking for something else. You're still interested in the 150-600 Sports? Wink strong bones, solid muscles, flexible spine?  ^_^ I could say I wait for the 100-400 Fujinon test, but that would be a lie. I don't listen to tests much lately  Big Grin And I reckon it won't be too shabby anyway.

Quote:I was talking about the MANUAL focus precision there :-)
Ooops.... so you were!

Sorry Dave, but I have read no test about the focus accuracy of the Fuji's. Only from Sony A6000, and MFT models from Panasonic and Olympus (compared to a number of APS-C DSLRs from Pentax, Sony, Nikon, Canon). 

Back on topic: this 135mm f3 equivalent of a full frame lens, FOV wise, weighs almost the same as my Nikkor 135mm f2.8 "K" (that one weighs 600 grams). That one only contains 4 elements, but weighs that much because some of those elements are FAT:

[Image: 135mmpreAIf28optsml.gif]

That Fuji weights so much because of the many elements:

[Image: pic_01.gif]

And probably also the linear motor adds a bit to the weight:

[Image: pic_03.jpg]

The biggest plus of this Fuji over that old 135mm f2.8 Nikkor (besides AF) is the rather nice bokeh. The Nikkor has very smooth bokeh at MFD, but when focussing a few meters away bokeh starts to be more unruly. 

So, for a 135mm f3 equivalent this lens makes for a very interesting alternative, because it renders quite nicely. 

Not perfectly though, and it certainly can't hold a candle to the Sony STF in that regard.

http://www.derekclarkphotography.com/ind...f2-review/

Biggest plus for my more unruly Nikkor: the price. At €55 it is a tad cheaper.  Tongue

Quote: That 135 mm focus length was never something growing to me, but who can tell, during the next 35 years it might be the thing

As I wrote I can help me with a manual focused 85 mm. No, I'm looking for something else. You're still interested in the 150-600 Sports? Wink strong bones, solid muscles, flexible spine?  ^_^ I could say I wait for the 100-400 Fujinon test, but that would be a lie. I don't listen to tests much lately  Big Grin And I reckon it won't be too shabby anyway.
          Could be, I'm not worried about the muscle factor, I lost 21Kgs last year so three kilos of lens is nothing, bones OK, spine is my weak point, but the exercise will do me good.......... I must admit I'm tempted by the Sigma......I've got a few lenses up for sale but things are quiet..