Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 4.0 for X-E2 - how much of X-E2s is in it?
My first steps with Fujifilm X-Trans are in this gallery, at least the better ones.

Two pictures I like to grab and give a bit more details.

[Image: _DSF0343-M.jpg]

For that I used a metabones mechanical (only) adapter for Nikon lenses and put the Micro Nikkor 105/2.8 in front of it. No AF, no VR, no EXIF (that's a bit unpleasant...) but at least I can change the aperture 7 steps down. I heard the drops of melting snow outside of my window, focused where the last drop exploded and tried to synchronize my finger with the "blopp!" The second shot was this one, very lucky. After that i tried bit more and got two less impressive ones, but it remained the best to me.

Then I took a D810 and a 50 mm, focussed manually and tried to sync again with the "blopp", although at the time it was less regularly. No single hit although 3× more clicks. The delay between "release" and "picture" was too long for me.

[Image: _DSF0412-M.jpg]

Another sample with this adapter, this time with a Micro Nikkor 40/2.8 (yes, the super cheapplasticco one). Nearly as close as it can get and admittedly the lousiest, stickiest focusring, but with a LiveView in that quality I move the camera to the object and it's done. There's minimal RAW-work in Aperture:

[Image: i-L3nqgKM-M.png]

A little bit more "definition" and a more narrow tonescale, that's about it - the rest were default values. Especially happy I'm about the reds without anymore saturation.

Messages In This Thread
Firmware 4.0 for X-E2 - how much of X-E2s is in it? - by JJ_SO - 01-22-2016, 03:53 PM