Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Sony adapter: M-mount with autofocusing
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/201...ew-adapter

Autofocusing is done by moving the lens back and forth - it's the sort of focusing you do with a macro focusing rail. I wonder whether the bokeh characteristics of a lens are preserved when not doing macro...

For macro work it could be interesting, even though with focus peaking I seem to have solved my previous inability to do manual focusing. So, more a funny gadget than a useful one, at least for me...

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
I just spotted that there's now also a Contax G adapter with AF and aperture control.

I just watched the video on the webpage (linked above).

I wonder two things ...

1 - How good will fokus-accuracy really be?

2 - How much tilt will be introduced when a heavier lens is used ?

(The video shows a much larger lens adapted ... and a I really

doubt, that it will remain in-axis in every possible position).

... and eventually ... how much will it cost and honw much

electrical energy will it need (since this is likely drawn from

the cameras battery, it will reduce the number of shots

you can take with one charged battery).

Quote:2 - How much tilt will be introduced when a heavier lens is used ?

(The video shows a much larger lens adapted ... and a I really

doubt, that it will remain in-axis in every possible position).

Me too. Perhaps we can get the tilt feature for free :-) 
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Quote:I just spotted that there's now also a Contax G adapter with AF and aperture control.
It's with AF but only aperture exif. Because aperture on Contax G is manual on the lens
The Contax G lenses have no manual aperture.

I am referring to this one here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/10...ony_e.html

Quote:The Contax G lenses have no manual aperture.

I am referring to this one here:
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1071788-REG/deo_tech_deocgsemkiii_contax_gto_sony_e.html">http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1071788-REG/deo_tech_deocgsemkiii_contax_gto_sony_e.html</a>

I had the mk2 version of that adapter but returned it because focus was not so accurate with the a7r.

I had the G21, G28, G35, and G45 in the past and the G90 is in front of my eyes now. I can assure you that the aperture is purely mechanical but with electronic contacts to provide EXIF.

Unfortunately, like many Leica M lenses, the Contax G lenses don't work that well on the Sony A7 series, except the G90.

G21 & G28 Biogons suffer from heavy color shift and corner smearing. I used them only with macro tubes.

G35 & G45 Planars are good from 5.6 onwards but at larger apertures, only the center was sharp.
Quote:I had the mk2 version of that adapter but returned it because focus was not so accurate with the a7r.

I had the G21, G28, G35, and G45 in the past and the G90 is in front of my eyes now. I can assure you that the aperture is purely mechanical but with electronic contacts to provide EXIF.

Unfortunately, like many Leica M lenses, the Contax G lenses don't work that well on the Sony A7 series, except the G90.

G21 & G28 Biogons suffer from heavy color shift and corner smearing. I used them only with macro tubes.

G35 & G45 Planars are good from 5.6 onwards but at larger apertures, only the center was sharp.

Oh, I see, I stay corrected then :-)

Thanks for the info - I was almost considering to try it. But I reckon the Loxias are a better idea after all.

There are also rumors about a 18mm Batis.
Quote:Oh, I see, I stay corrected then :-)

Thanks for the info - I was almost considering to try it. But I reckon the Loxias are a better idea after all.

There are also rumors about a 18mm Batis.
If you're ok with manual focus, the Loxia are a pleasure to use.

I'm on a trip now and in my bag I have:

Sony 28/2

Sony/Zeiss 35/2.8

Zeiss Loxia 50/2

Contax/Zeiss G 90/2.8
At least that Zeiss Loxia 50mm f2 has better bokey than my Nikkor-H 50mm f2.