Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon
Quote:Then I hope you earn your living as well from Chinese manufacturers 

Oh, and of course you don't have to follow my example. Go ahead and buy cheaper - buying expensive is no guarantee of better quality or service. I understand your experience but love long term the damage will have to be paid. Not by you, by your kids or grandchildren.
Please don't lecture me about the interests of my kids or grandchildren, particularly on the basis of what I assume is pretty much total ignorance of my situation.

I live in a country which makes a significant proportion of its living in the Global economy by trading with China. My pension is paid by a government that derives massive taxation revenues from that trade. We have a free trade agreement with China, while we are subject to various protectionist policies when we trade with Europe. Many of our citizens sell Chinese products here or sell our products to the Chinese. Chinese tourists provide jobs to many of us and Chinese students pay well to study in our universities. Trade with China is good for my generation, and I am confident that it will remain good for my children and and my grandchildren. I have no problem participating in it by buying products from Chinese manufacturers.

And I don't know much about your country, but I also wonder whether it sells anything to China, and whether you benefit, directly or indirectly, from that trade. I suspect that broadly speaking, we all benefit from being part of a global economy. That is not to say there isn't exploitation in that economy and that we shouldn't do what we can to oppose it. But I am not sure that refusal to participate is an effective (or even a possible) response.

Messages In This Thread
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by davidmanze - 12-15-2015, 03:44 PM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by kencameron1949 - 01-11-2016, 01:46 AM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by kencameron1949 - 01-11-2016, 09:25 AM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by AN2 - 01-11-2016, 10:10 AM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by kencameron1949 - 01-11-2016, 08:32 PM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by kencameron1949 - 01-11-2016, 10:52 PM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by kencameron1949 - 01-13-2016, 08:43 PM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by Guest - 03-02-2016, 05:14 PM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by Guest - 03-03-2016, 01:24 AM
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon - by Guest - 03-03-2016, 03:10 PM