Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now we have an AF adapter for Nikon
There's a small difference between countries and companies, though, but you're right, kencameron1949. Pointing with my hand's  digit finger at someone means another 3 fingers are pointing towards myself.

An adapter doesn't need to explode to harm a camera, and eben the good ones are not improving the mechanical fit of camera and lens on both ends. Adapters are always at best the second best choice. So my original post remains vaild - I'm not buying Chinese stuff from eBay sellers.
This thread makes me wanna...

[Image: 3824879.jpg]

Quote:This thread makes me wanna...

[Image: 3824879.jpg]
That mixer does look like it is produced in... China.
Quote:That mixer does look like it is produced in... China.
Appropriate that you brought it up.

[Image: ws57j_22FT0.jpg]

An adapter doesn't need to explode to harm a camera, and eben the good ones are not improving the mechanical fit of camera and lens on both ends. Adapters are always at best the second best choice.

Quote: 

An adapter doesn't need to explode to harm a camera, and eben the good ones are not improving the mechanical fit of camera and lens on both ends. Adapters are always at best the second best choice. 

Agreed. They certainly aren't a magic bullet for quality. But they have given me a lot of pleasure using old lenses on mirrorless cameras.

And while I entirely respect your personal choices about where to buy and not to buy, I also stand by my original post - that you are paying a price for those choices, in depriving yourself of (some) good products at good prices. I imagine you understand that, and are comfortable with it.
Well, someone has to buy all this terrific new lenses Big Grin

Quote:Look, when it comes to exploding batteries and no one responsible for that because those manufacturers can hide in China, I get a little sensitive. I also get more than a little bit sensitive because I'm working in an industry copied in a pretty illegal way by Chinese manufaturers, who don't give a damn sh.t about playing fair.

I'm sure no adapters explode so far, but first is buying Chines means support methods and ways to exploit humans. I'm not sure if capitalism is the answer to anything. I just don't support it, as simple as that. And I also realize western people stole a couple of things from Chinese, like paper, fireworks, explosives.

Do what you want and buy wherever you want, as I will for sure. Australia doesn't have much of an optical industry so it won't hurt you much.

Hmmm...the developer of the commlite nikon Af adapter is a fellow photo hobbyist who played these geeky stuffs as his past time after work. I fail to see how this is a way to exploit human condition
I don't mind who the developer is - commlite is a company in Shenzhen. And somebody has to make the adapter after it was developed. Probably not the "fellow photo hobbyist after work"?

Quote:I don't mind who the developer is - commlite is a company in Shenzhen. And somebody has to make the adapter after it was developed. Probably not the "fellow photo hobbyist after work"?

And how exactly that the someone making it in Shenzhen is being exploited? You imagine the person is locked in a black cell and forced to make it with his boss whipping him from behind? If a worker find the job unsatisfactory he or she can always leave for another one, especially in Shenzhen.
I see, two China-experts debating  Big Grin None of us will change the working conditions there, right? You have no information about the place where the adapter is produced, neither have I. But the fellow hobby photog doesn't impress me much.

You would find it easier to convince it would have been wise to go Canon, if I want to use lenses on the Sony bodies, because now Sigma made an adapter capable of all AF modii, not only single AF (like the one from fellow hobbyist from Shenzhen  Wink ). I will not convince you not to buy in China, that's your decision and you will not convince me to buy an only half completed adapter (in terms of AF somebody else can experiment).

But together with Sigma's conversion service and their MC-11 adapter, for me it's cool to have the Sigma SD / Sony A7 option and abandon Nikon one day. Somehow Sigma knows how to make it work