Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 USM L IS II
Quote:I'm not sure about the explanation; especially about the variable sharpening - that would make comparing results with different cameras pretty much impossible, IMO.

But I'd like to hear your opinion (beside the short explanation from the review).
Indeed, it gets more difficult to compare results, especially with the 5DSR results. People misinterpret the "bad corner performance" and claim the lenses are not upto the task (which, when you look at actual images made with the lenses and camera, clearly is not true).

I don't think it is a viable idea to have Klaus and Marcus start with a new methodology which among other things does not apply sharpening in the MTF workflow. It would make things a bit more comparable, but it would make comparing with the huge catalog of existing tests a big issue. And it would not address things like skewed results from AA-filterless tests, or even the different strengths of AA-filters (or some cameras having an AA-filter for just one direction, like Pentax in the past or the Nikon D610).

So, what remains is explaining to people what they actually are looking at, results wise.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 USM L IS II - by Brightcolours - 12-07-2016, 08:14 AM