Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM
https://photorumors.com/2023/10/24/canon...ovember-2/

So Canon's mission to kill MFT and APS-C continues.

Technically, this lens would be about 1 f-stop "faster" than Fuji's 150-600mm f/5.6-8 (="225-900mm f/8.4-12")
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Channeling your inner Brightcolours, are you, Klaus. :-) Well anyway, this is an interesting take on the big long zoom theme, though I'd probably still take Nikon's or Sony's versions. :-)
It's probably not an L lens - and I suspect it's also not an IF design. However, conceptually, it is quite cool.

The non-SLR design of the latest cameras makes slow lenses possible. No split image rangefinders and micro prism rings blackening out for lenses slower than f/4, phase detect AF sensors failing around f/5.6.  With a mirror less cam finder brightness is also not an issue.
enjoy
BTW if it's not an L lens, we can most likely kiss the weather sealing goodbye. Which kind of puts this lens at a disadvantage versus the Sony and Nikon offerings... but if this lens is (going to be) real, we'll see how infallible is Canon's dedication to their principles, e.g. "no L, no weather sealing" and "no L, no hood supplied". Big Grin
(10-29-2023, 12:31 PM)Rover Wrote: BTW if it's not an L lens, we can most likely kiss the weather sealing goodbye. Which kind of puts this lens at a disadvantage versus the Sony and Nikon offerings... but if this lens is (going to be) real, we'll see how infallible is Canon's dedication to their principles, e.g. "no L, no weather sealing" and "no L, no hood supplied". Big Grin

Since we spoke about Brightcolors, let me be BC this time  Angel
non L=no weather sealing and no hood supplied is not correct 
DO lenses are weather sealed and come high hood  Rolleyes
Very funny. We all know the 400/4 DO (II) were the exceptions, Canon just didn't want to put two colour rings on them. Big Grin The rest - the old 70-300 and the new 600 and 800 - are no different from the other non-L lenses.
Is this the real thing?

https://www.canonrumors.com/update-on-th...-9-is-usm/

If so, they did a good job hiding the focus ring...
It may actually not be a proper zoom. I heard it could be a 3-FL lens, 200, 400 and 800.

May not be true, but i guess we'll find out soon enough Smile.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....