Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between old(I) en new(II) Canon 24mm TSE lens
Hello Popo and Wim,

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't have the energy last week to visit Photozone, so hence my late reply.

Anyway, many thanks for your thourogh replies. It is always nice to hear from you.

I took the plunge, finally I bought the TS 24mm/3.5 I! I have been thinking for months what lenses to buy. I didn't know until last week. I sold my EF 17-40L, EF 28mm/2.8, and several other items before I could buy another lens. Some time ago we discussed which would be a good new standard zoom for me. You advised me to go for the EF 24-105 IS, but it has quite a bit of distortion at 24mm and that's what I wanted to avoid and it is quite expensive. Others advised me the EF 28-105mm/3.5-4.5 II or the Tamron 28-75mm/2.8.

I took all the advises into account and so I didn't go for the EF 24-105mm, but for the EF 28-105mm/3.5-4.5 II and a EF TS 24mm/3.5 I. The descions was made when I found out that this combo was cheaper than a new or used EF 24-105.

I have not tested it properly yet outside, because of the fog the last couple of days and the lack of energy. But as soon as I feel a bit better and the sky clears than I gonna try the TS lens. I can't wait!!

Thanks everyone for the comments in the last few months, thanks to everyone would replied to my messages. They are always very useful!!

Best wishes,

Reinier

Messages In This Thread
Difference between old(I) en new(II) Canon 24mm TSE lens - by Reinier - 11-20-2011, 03:32 PM