The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quality Panel Advice
Hi All,

I am in seach of a new display. Primary purpose photo editing (I consider myself a prosumer), will use Lightroom/ Photoshop, am working on a Mac (i.e. color managed environment w/ DisplayPort possibility), cannot calibrate yet but want to learn it. As for size, I think 24" is target, 22" is OK and 27" may be too big (will be sitting close to the display).

I do not print my own photos but rather send them to a professional printer.

Secondary use office work, i.e. need text to be well legible. No movie watching (i.e. 16:10 is likely my choice, panel speed is not relevant).

Want the diplay to keep me happy for the next 4-5 years, which is why I am willing to shell out something around EUR 1000 (will be buing in Europe).

Having done some research, I came up with the following choices and queries, with which I would appreciate your kind advice:

- Eizo CG223W and NEC MultiSync PA241W seem to correspond to what I am looking for

? do not know if this is not an overkill (it seems lot of prosumers are perfectly happy with less expensive choices such as Dell U2711)

? is there really a problem with font antialiasing in Mac OS X when using PVA panel

? is it a hype or truth that PVA panels cannot display dark gray gradients when viewed directly, is there a problem in that colors on the edge of the screen already fade when screen is viewed directly

? what about the violet-glare problem with IPS panel

? do I need colorimeter straight away to get the monitor colors right, how often do I need to calibrate

I know this may be a bit chaotic. I will appreciate if you tell me your personal experience/ point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Ed

Messages In This Thread
Quality Panel Advice - by Guest - 03-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Quality Panel Advice - by Guest - 03-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Quality Panel Advice - by Guest - 03-07-2011, 12:49 PM