The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never make a photo file from/on the desktop! (Windows)
Hi guys,

A super quick one,  I had made files of my ongoing visits to bird sites + vulture shots on my desktop to keep them all together, then several days back my computer decided to put it's legs in the air. My friend managed to get it back up and running......but where were my desktop files with my "Vulture images"??

I searched in the other back up HDs and found most but some but others were mysteriously missing.

Briefly, if you make a file on the desktop going to whatever drive and put in your photos, all is fine until your computer has a fit....the photos are in the HD but there is no way of seeing them because the file link is broken and therefore invisible.

Luckily my friend manged to get the original SSD up and running and the files could be linked to the invisible files in my HD......I thought for a moment I'd lost a bunch of stuff.

Never make a file "from/on" the desktop, make it in the hard-drive/s and copy a shortcut to the desktop, that way if your computer dies you can see the files in the HD nicely labeled and visible.

I'm sure you guys know that....but it's easy to get get caught out nonetheless!

I was shaking for two days......however the Valium helped!!  :mellow:  :o

Messages In This Thread
Never make a photo file from/on the desktop! (Windows) - by davidmanze - 04-19-2017, 08:25 AM
Never make a photo file from/on the desktop! (Windows) - by davidmanze - 04-19-2017, 08:52 AM
Never make a photo file from/on the desktop! (Windows) - by davidmanze - 04-20-2017, 07:30 PM