Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Quote:I guess IQ by itself is not a selling point.

Time-to-shot you mean slow to power on, or it takes too much time to record the image?

EVF- refresh rate, or magnification ratio?

Well, it all depends. The handling of the M3 has its issues but once you adjust to it, it's "livable". You just feel that it isn't meant to really serious photographers. A really nice aspect is the tiny size. But yes, other than IQ the M3 is -say- 3-4 years behind the competition.

About the EM5II:

It's very slow to power on the viewfinder and that's with disabled auto-detection (EVF/screen).

I also noticed a bigger than usual gap between taking the picture and the actual recording - at least in electronic shutter mode.

The viewfinder lacks the clarity/contrast/dynamic range that you have e.g. on the Sony A7r or Fuji X-T1.

Other than the (great) IBIS, the EM5II is not a bit better than the GH-3 that I had before. In fact I would prefer the GH-3.

The EM5II is a beauty and the build quality is great but for me it doesn't cut it due to the issues.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM - by Klaus - 09-24-2015, 11:09 PM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM - by scarlatti - 09-25-2015, 02:29 PM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM - by Guest - 09-26-2015, 12:05 PM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM - by Guest - 10-03-2015, 04:33 PM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM - by Guest - 10-07-2015, 05:51 PM