Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Samyang 135mm T2.2 ED UMC CINE DS
http://www.opticallimits.com/canon_eos_f...35T22eosff

Nice although a fully manual 135mm lens is a difficult being on a DSLR.

We knew it was going to be a "goody" and it turned out to be...............Samyang are getting very big  with their very competitive  range of video lenses, going are the days of spending fortunes to make a pro video!

it's worth mentioning that there doesn't seem to be any focus shift when stopping down which is useful especially using (non)-cinematic mode when struggling to MF.

The Eg-S super precision focus screen (for 5D mkII and 6D) will work well with this lens. Also, considering its relative absence of aberrations, it will work well with a focus confirmation chip?

Quote:The Eg-S super precision focus screen (for 5D mkII and 6D) will work well with this lens.

Yeah but you should install it into a Nikon camera to get EXIF and auto-diaphragm  Big Grin
Quote:The Eg-S super precision focus screen (for 5D mkII and 6D) will work well with this lens. Also, considering its relative absence of aberrations, it will work well with a focus confirmation chip?
BC, it will still be a pain. I used to have focusing screen with my D200 (katzeye), and would miss to focus here and there.  With 135mm would be chalenging. Unless someone is possing for you and the shot can be retaken several times, it will be dificult.
I use that focus screen and it is no pain. Also with my MF 135mm f2.8. And 55mm f1.2. And 85mm f1.8. And 140mm f1.8 lens. Of course, only with steady subjects.

Any hints on what's next in the pipe? Smile

The build quality *looks* great: but according to Roger at  Lensrentals most of the good looking Samyangs are held together with glue and tiny screws on the inside, in a way which makes elements more like to dislodge under impact and so forth...

By the way there is an E-mount version of this lens; it's be nice on a A7II with IBIS and decent focus magnification,,,

Quote:according to Roger at  Lensrentals most of the good looking Samyangs are held together with glue and tiny screws on the inside, in a way which makes elements more like to dislodge under impact and so forth...

So are most CaNikon, Olympus, Fuji & Sony lenses. I had the "pleasure" of seeing the insides of my first Fuji 1.2/56 in detail after I dropped it. Metal exterior held together internally by tiny plastic parts... My 40+ years old "made in USSR" Helios 44-2 has a better build quality - just metal and glass  Big Grin

I guess most modern lenses are made to be handled with care  Rolleyes