Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from the rumor mill
Canon EOS 5Ds - 53mp. Versions with and without AA filter.  :blink:

Canon EOS 750D - 24mp (APS-C). And I just bought the 7D II for testing ....  :angry:

Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L - supposedly with a 3000$ price tag.  :unsure:

Canon EOS M3 ...  :ph34r:

The Canon 750D/760D  a consumer lower spec. DSLR than the 7DII, 5 fps. and a 19 point AF, but yes it's got a 24 Mps sensor which for testing would have been better!

I'm sure you've always wanted to take up birding! Big Grin

Quote:The Canon 750D/760D  a consumer lower spec. DSLR than the 7DII, 5 fps. and a 19 point AF, but yes it's got a 24 Mps sensor which for testing would have been better!

I'm sure you've always wanted to take up birding! Big Grin

Bleh!
Quote:Canon EOS 5Ds - 53mp. Versions with and without AA filter.  :blink:

Canon EOS 750D - 24mp (APS-C). And I just bought the 7D II for testing ....  :angry:

Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 USM L - supposedly with a 3000$ price tag.  :unsure:

Canon EOS M3 ...  :ph34r:
Well, right now that 7D mkII will get you a very decent resale price still, of you want 24mp instead of 20mp.

That $3000 price tag is not unreasonable, considering the glass involved for 11mm. Especially if it follows the high standards set by Canon the last few years. Will be a very interesting lens, but not at all affordable for me, of course. Wink
Quote: 

That $3000 price tag is not unreasonable, considering the glass involved for 11mm. Especially if it follows the high standards set by Canon the last few years. Will be a very interesting lens, but not at all affordable for me, of course. Wink
  Hmm...  sounds just a tickle on the pricey side from where I'm standing, more appropriate to a F2.8!

The real good news is it's not that price at all, it's only a mere $2,899!..............

.....................................................an absolute snip!   :o

Quote:Canon EOS 5Ds - 53mp. Versions with and without AA filter.  :blink:

Diffraction-limited beyond f/5.6? Bring on the new TS-E lenses!!  Big Grin
Quote:  Hmm...  sounds just a tickle on the pricey side from where I'm standing, more appropriate to a F2.8!

The real good news is it's not that price at all, it's only a mere $2,899!..............

.....................................................an absolute snip!   :o
Well, it is not an f-number which "dictates" the price, but rather the amount of glass and the difficulty to produce that glass which sets the price of a lens.

This patent filing possibly shows how the 11-24mm f4 is constructed:

http://egami.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2014-01-25

[Image: 2014_10286_fig01.png?c=a15]

This is what the lens itself looks like:

[Image: 11-24.jpg]\

Looking at that big and very curved front element, one can imagine where the money goes...

I'm really not sure about going the two model approach with and without AA filter, but a high MP body is on my wish list for a while. Finally time to move on the 5D2 if so, if the price isn't too silly. I'm not feeling rich at the moment having already got a 7D2 recently.

Similarly I'd be interested in how the 24MP sensor does. The 750D does sound like it is creeping into the xxD space though, so I have to wonder where the xxD will go? And will there be more lower down too?

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:Well, it is not an f-number which "dictates" the price, but rather the amount of glass and the difficulty to produce that glass which sets the price of a lens.

This patent filing possibly shows how the 11-24mm f4 is constructed:

http://egami.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2014-01-25

[Image: 2014_10286_fig01.png?c=a15]

This is what the lens itself looks like:

[Image: 11-24.jpg]\

Looking at that big and very curved front element, one can imagine where the money goes...
I like a laugh,, you know how it is!
Quote:Canon EOS M3 ...  :ph34r:
This could be of interest, the future is mirrorless Big Grin