Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR.
Quote:Honestly I think that the Pentax DSLRs are great. Easily as good as the rest of the DSLR gang.

But in the last few years they didn't really come up with something exciting on the lens side.

People are simply getting used to evolution and we haven't seen any substantial updates other than the rather cosmetic updates of their kit zooms and the HD coating (which is nothing really).

And as mentioned - what is their lighthouse product ? What outshines the others ? Their pancake story has been eaten away by the mirrorless gang years ago thus their traditional argument (compact size/low weight) is lo longer valid. 

Don't misunderstand me - similar arguments apply to Sony Alpha DSLRs. 

The market simply doesn't understand anymore why Pentax/Sony DSLRs are needed which is also why they are both disappearing from stores.

Again - it is a very good system - but Nikon and Canon are excellent DSLR systems.""""" Thus Pentax needs to make us WOW.""""""
Absolutely that, the WOW factor just isn't there, when you look at what's happened in the last two to three years, with Sony, Samsung, Fuji and Panasonic etc. they've just entered into a new era. What's more as far I see on the forums, there's a lot of us old guys in Pentax, some of which like me, are only a few meters short of the cliff edge, Pentax has to attract younger buyers and they want gizmos, the latest ones, ones where they get out their iphone 6s and show their friends their latest shots and the like.

So in Pentaxland an orientable screen and Wifi is "huge" in the new world they are "must have" features, the new lens is also a big bonus. 

Pentax has to appeal to the young, after all, you don't make money counting the splashes.  B)

Messages In This Thread
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by davidmanze - 01-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by Guest - 01-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by davidmanze - 01-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by Guest - 01-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by davidmanze - 01-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by davidmanze - 01-09-2015, 05:54 AM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by davidmanze - 01-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by davidmanze - 01-10-2015, 08:04 AM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by Guest - 01-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by davidmanze - 01-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by netrex - 01-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Pentax up the game with a newly announced DSLR. - by DanPr - 01-20-2015, 03:38 PM