Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shootout full frame versus APS-C can you tell the difference ??
Had planned to do this shootout myself however was too busy to do it, lately.

I still plan on doing a more complete shootout where I will take portraits using 5DMKIII vs 750D or 7DMKII and I will use 35mm f2.0, 50f1.4, 100mm f2.8 at various aperutres on both cameras and post the pictures here to see if you can tell which is which 

in fact I did something similar here (and elsewhere) where I did film plus 24-105 vs digital plus 15-85 at equivalent focal lengths and few could tell which is which 

[Image: gallery_5426_156_79687.jpg]

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/08516049...t-shootout

Toni, I think you can spare yourself the trouble, no one here really is interested?
I second that. There are gazillions of videos and threads and blogposts covering this - do it for your own pleasure and enlightenment, but don't waste server space .

I don't know, Jo and BC.

I think it is very discourteous to shoot Toni down over this.

I mean, this is a photography forum. If no one posts photos, is there actually a point to this site?

People discuss gear ad nauseam and no one complains, but when a guy wants to talk about a photo?

It's not discussing a photo. To me, it's the "can you tell the difference??" part of this thread. Who cares, really? In a forum like this with maximum picture sizes around 1000 pixel width one needs to accentuate the differences. There are - if pixel count is nearly identical. It has been demonstrated million times - so why again, why another time and what of thsi comparison is interesting for others?

What in toni-a's comparison is at least new, not to talk of "better" than the comparisons which were done decade ago?

It's great if he is happy about his new 7D II, but that body was already sold in 10.000s A part of this forum - as I see it - is finding new gear, situations, concepts, lenses, ideas and talk about to others, maybe to get new impulses or debate about something new like equivalence or how much DR is already overkill.  ^_^

In normal daylight, with sensors of the same generation and the more or less only manufacturer (for Canon mostly Canon, for others mostly Sony), similar MP count and with comparable lenses it's difficult if not impossible to see a difference. But if I see the first difference already in different colors, I already suspect problems with white balance or RAW conversion - that makes the comparison rubbish to me.

I'm game for another round of Fukushima!!      Tongue

Joke!

Quote:It's not discussing a photo. To me, it's the "can you tell the difference??" part of this thread. Who cares, really? In a forum like this with maximum picture sizes around 1000 pixel width one needs to accentuate the differences. There are - if pixel count is nearly identical. It has been demonstrated million times - so why again, why another time and what of thsi comparison is interesting for others?

What in toni-a's comparison is at least new, not to talk of "better" than the comparisons which were done decade ago?

It's great if he is happy about his new 7D II, but that body was already sold in 10.000s A part of this forum - as I see it - is finding new gear, situations, concepts, lenses, ideas and talk about to others, maybe to get new impulses or debate about something new like equivalence or how much DR is already overkill. ^_^

In normal daylight, with sensors of the same generation and the more or less only manufacturer (for Canon mostly Canon, for others mostly Sony), similar MP count and with comparable lenses it's difficult if not impossible to see a difference. But if I see the first difference already in different colors, I already suspect problems with white balance or RAW conversion - that makes the comparison rubbish to me.
Come on, Joju.

What you express here is your opinion. This is indeed a forum, and thetefore any type of (polite and respectful) discussion within the interest and focus of the site is allowed and welcome.

If you do not like a specific subject, just ignore it, no need to diss anybody or be so negative.

BTW, you are more negative lately than usual, IMO. Just keep it cool please.

Kind regards, Wim

P.S.: Photozone is Klaus' site. He is the one to determine what is allowed or not, it is not your prerogative, I am afraid, so please leave it be ...
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Well Wim, 

I could also say there's a big number of threads about the same subject from toni-a:

full frame gear: what to sell ?

That sweet moment you discover you bought exacty what you...

Name a lens for which you would invest in a system

seriously considering 7D mkii

same photo: film vs digital which is which ?

changing a winning team ?85f1.8 instead of 50f1.4

It's often circulating around the same subjects. Opening new threads, posting stuff from other sites with questionable quality like the poorly translated Reasons why despite having excellent products Nikon is lo... (okay, translation was not toni's fault, but speaking off dissing....  Wink ). Honestly, who really knows the sales numbers of Canon or Nikon? Who really knows what this Japanese politician has said for real when there was a headline like "Fuji being asked by government to help Nikon financially"?

It gets tiring over time when always the same person tries to make shattering headlines and it turns out: not much more than a bit hot air.

About my "more negative lately than usual" - it seems to me you have a bit of selective perception, just because your "12 stop DR is more than enough" dogma, which is more dogmatic than you usually are  :lol: or maybe not, who knows.

Also, don't even dare to remind me who owns the site... Just think about who is participating in this forum. Little side look to the numbers of posts might be interesting as well...

I never said - no matter what you try to make up of what I said once again - that this kind of threads need to be forbidden and not even remotely behaved as if I am one who could rule anything. I just seconded BC's opinion (which was the first reaction) and shared my own as second reaction - if you have a problem with that: There's the possibility of using an ignore list. Maybe you're the one who needs to cool down a bit?

Well, I don't need a cool down at all, I am very relaxed, which you seem not to be.Smile

As to toni-a's threads, as I suggested, just ignore those, don't read them, and all will be well. And no, I was not referring to the DR stuff, I just expressed my opinion. You have yours. Just that you don't seem to be able to let go when it should really be of no importance to you. There is no need to be mean to toni-a, or anyone for that matter, and I am just referencing the fact that you are meaner lately than you normally are, IMO anyway. For some reason you can't just let go. And no, I won't provide you with samples like you seem to feel necessary to do, there is no need. It is how I feel, you see, that's all. Make of it what you want. And maybe I should indeed follow your suggestion, put you on my ignore list. <ROFL> I should probably do other things than try and defend innocent people from you, especially since you do not seem to want to understand what you are doing. <ROFL>

You may think you add a lot. Let's look at it a different way. With your replies you may actually scare people away, so you posting a lot here, percentage wise, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy that way. <ROFL>

Cheerio, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
You're the one who often needs to mouth back, Wim. Letting go - take your own advice  Wink same as you suggest to me, I just can put a mirror in front of you. We could go on like this ping pong, but for what? Complaining me at what you do and you complaining to me what I do. So what?

Defend innocent people? Adults can speak for themselves, I think. IMO you often interprete and sometimes I suspected you "misunderstand" on purpose just because you want to be right. Telling me "I can't let go" - and what do you do? Basically you were attacking me because I expressed my opinion. Take it or leave it, but you will not convince me to not have this opinion.

About driving others away - how many/few people are we posting in this forum? Two dozen? How many very silent members subscribed? 7673 members are around... Are you sure, I am in a position to drive them all away? Don't overestimate me. There are days and even weeks of silence in this place and no matter if I or somebody else replies or is in bad mood or we debate in each of our own stubborn ways - that number of active posters doesn't de - or increase much.  ^_^