Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to ask brides/clients to be patient?
I am a wedding photographer. Brides always want me to select single photos and send to them before delivery date. I am not really talking about thank you card but other photos with family remembers.

I would love to do it for them and send them but the only problem that it really messes up my workflow. I allocate equal time for everybody's wedding. It is hard to pull the drives, go through the wedding photos, selecting them and editing them before final delivery while I am still editing somebody else's wedding. It takes a long time and this way I feel that I will never be able to meet my deadlines.

The best example is father's day. Everybody wants to have a photo with their father...

How do you do it? Are sending clients/brides photos after their wedding before the delivery date or you ask them to wait for the final product? If you ask them how do you ask them to be patient?

Here it is easy, weddings is a huge industry, wedding photography is done via companies, at a wedding you have usually 3-4 photographers, once wedding is over their job is done.

Post processing is done by a third party (usually the printing lab has employees who do it)

What they do here is outsourcing their business, they shoot, post processing is done by others, at the printing lab you have several guys behind their computers processing hundreds of pictures each day, almost everything is automated, they do merely the same for all their clients, work is done with a spectacular speed, in a few days the client has  a CD with several hundreds sometimes thousands of low resolution watermarked pictures he selects what he wants printed and from here things are easy...

Honestly, 3-4 photographers at a wedding is rare. I agree that you can outsource everything however it is going to hurt the quality of the final product, the wedding photos. I still believe that if one put his/her heart into his/her work the end result will be much better and result more beautiful wedding photos.

Haring, do you use any tilt and shift lenses in your work?