Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lens layout diagrams for Sigma, Tamrons, ect...
There are websites that show sketches of the lens construction for all Canon lenses, and all Tamron Adaptall lenses.  Since that is what most of my lenses are I have fallen into the habit of looking at the layout sketch of so many elements in so many groups.  I can't say this is criticle information for me, but it is fun.  I have not come across diagrams for the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 di Macro, ect.  The earlier one with the micro motor.  Or the Sigma 70-300 so-called APO with the 1:2 macro, and its little brother the Sigma AF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical with 1:2 macro at 80mm.

Is there someone who knows the layouts of the above three lenses?  Much thanks!

- Arthur

Quote:There are websites that show sketches of the lens construction for all Canon lenses, and all Tamron Adaptall lenses.  Since that is what most of my lenses are I have fallen into the habit of looking at the layout sketch of so many elements in so many groups.  I can't say this is criticle information for me, but it is fun.  I have not come across diagrams for the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 di Macro, ect.  The earlier one with the micro motor. 

Tamrom AF SP 90mm f2.8 Di Macro

[Image: lens_pic01.gif]

(Sorry for the small size... the double element group sits in the middle.)

Here is a more clear diagram:

[Image: 272e.gif]

Nice lens, btw.

Quote:Or the Sigma 70-300 so-called APO with the 1:2 macro,
Sigma f4-5.6 APO DG Macro

[Image: ASIGMLE405130676_001.jpg]

The blue elements are SLD (special low dispersion glass) elements.

Quote:and its little brother the Sigma AF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical with 1:2 macro at 80mm.
Sigma 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 II Aspherical Macro

[Image: 851778_sigma_28-80mm_jiegou.jpg]

The pink one is the aspherical element.

Quote:Is there someone who knows the layouts of the above three lenses?  Much thanks!
My pleasure.

Quote:- Arthur
You might also find this thread interesting.

http://forum.mflenses.com/list-of-lens-d...22934.html

Thanks, Brightcolors!  Coincidentally, I do happen to have quite a few manual focus lenses.  It has nothing to do with nostalgia, they just look cool, and are in my price range.  I am a Canon shooter, and don't see a lot of fast or prime lenses in my price range, so I use MF substitutes to fill in.  I'll see which ones I can find over at mflense!

-Arthur

Which camera are you using?

I have a few MF lenses myself. A shitty crap one (Nikkor 35mm f2.8, probably the only lens worse is the Nikon 35mm f2.5 E, which really is a joke). A pretty nice Nikkor-H 85mm f1.8 (nice bokeh), the underrated Nikkor-Q 135mm f3.5 (the pre-AI, the Ai version has better coatings so will do better shooting against the light) which renders nicely and is very sharp, the micro Nikkor AUTO 35mm f3.5 and the Micro Nikkor 55mm f2.8 AI-S (both very fine macro lenses and the latter also a fine standard lens) and a Nikkor 50mm f2 (just a sharp little standard prime). I bought a Canon FL 55mm f1.2, and am waiting for it to be shipped/delivered. It will need a conversion.

And I have the very UNaffordable fixed focus Ultra Micro Nikkor 55mm f2 and Ultra Micro Nikkor 28mm f1.8. Those are not for the fainthearted. 

Hi, BC-

It would seem you are preparing for some extreme macros? 

I have to start by saying I'm not much of a photographer.  My first DSLR was the Rebel XTi, which I replaced about 3 years later with the Rebel T1i.  The came with a total of 3 kit lenses, an 18-55mm, and 18-55mm IS, and the 55-250mm IS.  You'll know I'm not a great photographer, because I actually like all three of them!  But my particular thing is seeing closer, and farther than the eye can see, so I got the Tamron SP 90 for macros, and Sigma 70-300mm for telephoto.  I started picking up Tamron SP adaptall-2 lenses, because after you have the adapter, you can just pick up the lenses pretty cheap.  These were supposed to be pretty good lenses in their day, and yet just as I was starting out, circa 2007 many professional photographers were saying things like, "the worst modern lens is better than the best old manual focus lens."  Supposedly because of AF and computer design of lenses.  I don't know enough to take a stand on that, but at least I can try different types of lenses by getting old lenses.  One of my favorite old lenses is the Tamron SP 500mm f/8 mirror lens.  I know all about the bokah issuses, but this is a pretty sharp lens that is a 500mm prime and only about 4 inches (~95mm) in total length!  I have several more that share the same theme.  Maybe they are not great by today's standards, but they can do things that my new lenses can't come close to. 

Another novelty I have is an attachment to my 28mm lens that makes it into a fisheye.  It works surprisingly well.  It came in a big box of filters and teleconverters and adapters that I bought for $50.  It is strange, and interesting.  It has a 67mm thread on the outside, and it funnels down to about 49mm on the part that attatches to the 28mm lens.  It is in two parts.  if you use only the small side it acts like a very powerful diopter.  If you use both parts it becomes a fisheye. 

So basically, I fool around with a lot of different lenses, and there seems to be a million more I'd like to try!