Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony 85mm 2.8 wise to buy?
I want a prime portrait for my sony dslr

Doubt about an macro or the sony 85 2.8 sam

Anyone some words about it? Pos and cons?
Which DSLR? APS-C or FF?

Depends on what you look for, of course. On APS-C 85mm is a long portrait lens. I prefer the long end of the portrait range. But some like the shorter portrait lenses with the wider view, and then the Tamron 60mm f2 Di II macro might be a better option.

And then there is the amount of subject separation you want. If the maximum of f2.8 is fine for you, it is a fine lens. Alternatively look at the Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro lenses, as they also double as 1:1 macro lens.

Thanx

The tamron is twice the price.....

I already have the sony 50 1.8 for the short ends but i like and sometimes prefer a longer lens

Its for apsc....

Do you know which af is faster : tamron 90 or the sony 85???
Quote:Thanx

The tamron is twice the price.....

I already have the sony 50 1.8 for the short ends but i like and sometimes prefer a longer lens

Its for apsc....

Do you know which af is faster : tamron 90 or the sony 85???
Most likely the Sony, the Tamron is a macro lens.
Ok

And which do do recomend

The new sigma 105 hsm

Or

The new tamron 90 vc?
I don't know which is better. All macro lenses are good. Maybe you have a camera shop nearby where you can try them out, concerning AF speed and such?

At this rate (looking up to the rather more pricey new macros) you might as well consider a SIGMA 85mm f/1.4 lens for portraits. I never had it, only used for a little while (Canon mount), and it looks like a winner. Decently sharp wide open and pretty good by f/1.8 I hope to get one eventually.

Rover

No doubt that the sigma 85 is a good lens but almost twice the price from the tamron....

I want to choose between the tamron 90 (eisa award winner 2013-2014) and the sigma 105 hsm
I am planning to test the Tamron in late October.

Great klaus!