Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras
Quote:Well, it's my personal bias to swivel screens. I find them very useful for my photography. Canon makes one in the EOS 70D which is at the same time touchscreen. So, this helps a lot in marking a desired focus point, instead of tipping on some dials. Canon is also leading in inbuilt WLAN, another thing I'd be happy to see in a Nikon. Nikon, on the other side delivers the image quality I'm happy with, contrary to the Pentax I had before.

I've about 10 lenses, fast glasses and nice (and less nice) zooms. Except the Sigma, which I could use on a Canon after sending it in, all of them are Nikkors. It's not the loss of money alone, some Canon lenses are simply more expensive than Nikon versions.

What I wanted to say: it was not a huge question whether going Nikon or Canon when I changed brands 3 years ago. But today Canon has some more attractive models in their portfolio and maybe I would decide differently today.

More or less, the quality is not that different, it's more about personal preferences and seriously, I don't see me giving my D800 away. But in the beginning, on APS-C, Nikon had an advantage with the D7000. I liked the handling better. Of course, I could use the Nikkors with adaptors on a Canon but that's only third best. And that was what I meant: all your glass is manual focus anyway. I think you're free to choose and suggest go and grab a camera to see what feels best in your hands.

Thanks.

At the moment, I am tending towards the Canon 6D. That is mainly due to the "no-frills" impression of the body in comparison to the D600. Besides that, I find these compact lenses that Canon recently introduced quite interesting, that is the 35/2, 28/2.8, 24/2.8 and 40/2.8. The existence of the Canon 50/1.2L is also good to know, although I will probably never buy one. :-)

Positive on the Nikon side is a more modern 50/1.4, which I will probably get at some point. The 60/2.8 macro lens also looks good.

In the end, I will need some more time for this decision.

Thanks again to everybody for your helpful replies.

Messages In This Thread
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by Guest - 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by PuxaVida - 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by Guest - 08-22-2013, 12:27 PM
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by Guest - 08-23-2013, 07:45 PM
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by Guest - 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by Guest - 08-26-2013, 12:20 PM
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by Guest - 08-29-2013, 08:41 PM
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by Guest - 08-30-2013, 06:04 AM
manual focus lenses on Nikon and Canon cameras - by PuxaVida - 08-30-2013, 06:51 AM