Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuji X-Pro1 availability in Germany
Any idea ? I've been looking for the X-Pro1 and the Fujinons for weeks but it remains a phantom camera.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1334134420' post='17433']

Any idea ? I've been looking for the X-Pro1 and the Fujinons for weeks but it remains a phantom camera.

[/quote]

Hhmmh, I placed an order for the camera which is supposed to be available at one shop. Let's see what'll happen.

If it's going to work out I will have a camera then but no lenses ...
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1334135465' post='17434']

Hhmmh, I placed an order for the camera which is supposed to be available at one shop. Let's see what'll happen.

If it's going to work out I will have a camera then but no lenses ...

[/quote]

Well, as expected ... no stock (of the X-Pro1).

*sigh*
Yet the same boring time to market cr@p. I'm amazed how bloody long one has to wait from press release to hands. Bloody hell!

You have my sympathy.
Actually there are or at least were some units available last week (in NL). So, the problem is less a time to market one, but one of too low production to match the demand, it seems.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

[quote name='mst' timestamp='1334162318' post='17449']

Actually there are or at least were some units available last week (in NL). So, the problem is less a time to market one, but one of too low production to match the demand, it seems.

-- Markus

[/quote]

Well, it's not two weeks that are going to change a 2-3 month TTM !

It's a general annoyance! But a minor problem in the grand scheme of things, I try to think.
A few folks at fm suspect there might be a bit software mods to the raw output. One of the complaints is that they can't find a 'level' raw converter. On the other hand the general comments are positive (though apparently the camera jpeg engines blows out the red).
It is available from the stores in Paris nd, as far as I can see, in Holland.
Yep, seems we found one in NL today (at cameratools).

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Saw one in the window of my local camera store a couple of weeks ago with the 35mm on and the 70mm next to it. That was in Bristol, England though so not much use to you...