Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print Lab recommendation needed.
From time to time, I wish to have some of my images printed big. 40x60cm and larger. I have been trying to find a high quality lab (color managed) to which to send my files. I prefer to have my images printed on an inkjet due to the paper choices that are available. I have already had a few prints made by one company here in Germany that turned out nice, but this place does not offer icc profiles at all. When I asked about the possibility of profiles for me to use in soft-proofing, the reply I got from the owner of the company was "Concerning the ICC Profile you should be fine using a standard sRGB Profile. Assuming the monitor on which you watch the images is properly calibrated the printed pictures should nearly look like what you see on your screen.". Ok, so this probably means that they have no idea about color management! I would like to send an Epson GS6000 printer an image in ProPhoto RGB or Adobe rgb at least. sRGB does not take advantage of the color gamut of this printer.

My second problem is the language. I can understand everyday German...even Schwäbisch LOL, but my German vocabulary in such a specialized area as color management is practically nil....and forget using an online translator. My wife can help me with my grammar, but she has no knowledge of photography terminology.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for good printing companies here in the EU for me to check out? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Saal-Digital is good. Have a look here:

http://www.saal-digital.de/foto/icc-profil-testprint/