Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodenstock Hemi-Anastigmat 21cm lens - does anyone have information on this lens?
Hello All,

Unfortunately I have been absent from Photozone again for a while, due to my known problems. It is good to be back!

Today I came across a Rodenstock Hemi-Anastigmat 21cm lens on a Dutch auction site. It is old and for large format. I don't have a large format camera, but I couldn;t resist myself and bought it for 32 euro including shipping costs.

I have no idea if I can mount this lens on a Canon Dslr or other camera. I don't even know if that would make any sense to try. But I often hear from people who use a wide range of weird and wonderful lenses on their Dslr. So, I thought 'who knows'.

And if it doesn't work, well it is nice to look at. Or maybe I can find a camera for it. But I don't know much, is there anyone who 'knows' this lens and/or camera?

Best wishes,

Reinier

Sure you can make an adapter of sorts for it. You can try how far it has to sit from your camera at a certain focus distance by holding it looking out a window, and a piece of white paper behind it. When you get a sharp projected image, you have the distance it has to sit from the sensor. And the flange distance of your camera mount is known. (44mm).

You should not expect very sharp results, but with lenses like this that is not the objective. The joy of getting it to work, and the character of the lens, that is what it is about.

With such lenses you can even think about designing some sort of tilt and/or shift in the adapter.

Or you can go even further and use the lens to make a flatbed scanner into a camera. Endless possibilities.