Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one?
I can't decide which one I like better. What do you guys think, 1st or 2nd one?

The main difference between the two shots is that I used a polarizer on the second one.

Thanks!

[Image: 34170180942_7ecff207c7_k.jpg]

[Image: 34170201752_dbdc4e779f_k.jpg]

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Nice Shots. To me, they're more the same than different. But if I had to choose, I like the second one. It just pops a little more with more shadow detail. 

I second Mike's opinion, the polarizer did a good job

Nice shots! I prefer the first one, with a bit more dramatic background.

Second one. Trees on either side have more balanced lighting and the river has a more dramatic one.

Thanks for your opinions everyone.

Most people tend to like the 2nd one but I think I prefer the 1st one given the more dramatic contrast.

--Florent

Flickr gallery

For me it is number 1 with the left bank of number 2 Smile.

I like the more dramtic look of #1, but I also like the sunny detail in the left bank of #2.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
I see some halos mostly in the distance (hills/horizon). Is that just how the mist maybe was thicker on top of the land, or is it due to post processing (tonal mapping for HDR)?
Quote:I see some halos mostly in the distance (hills/horizon). Is that just how the mist maybe was thicker on top of the land, or is it due to post processing (tonal mapping for HDR)?

The fading haze was already present on the original image. However, I reduced the highlights in the sky (was over-exposed) and applied some clarity thus making it quite a bit more visible than on the original image.
--Florent

Flickr gallery