Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skiing Battle Abbey
Some photos of a recent trip to Battle Abbey.

Battle Abbey is a ski lodge in a remote part of the Selkirk Range, British Columbia, Canada. You fly in for a week and ski, ski, ski. We had very cold weather, but the skies were mostly clear and the snowpack was stable.

Canon 7D (a few photos with 400D), Tamron 17-50/2.8, Canon 55-250 IS, Tokina 10-17 fish-eye.

Hope you enjoy the slide show.

http://www.arievandervelden.com/BattleAbbey/index.html

Teaser:

[Image: 5700TypeeGlacier.jpg]

[Image: 5753IlsaSkiing.jpg]

[Image: 5679AbbeyAtNight.jpg]
[size="3"]Yes, I enjoyed looking photos. They are very nice. I can imagine that ‘be there’ was even better. Have a nice day. Janez[/size]

these are lovely, and chilly, shots bcs - my faves possibly - 'ascending the throne' (well, at least you weren't sitting on it [Image: rolleyes.gif]) and the lovely starry night picture on this page - thank you
Wow, I would love to ski there! Nice shots, the colours have come out really nice. My only criticism is that the second one could have been a touch brighter, perhaps a software grad filter might help?
Thanks Janez, ASNWD and Allan.

Allan - you mean the 2nd shot posted here, backlit skier with sun in the frame, not the one of the slideshow? I should be able to increase exposure on the foreground while still retaining snow texture. I'll have a go at it. Thx for feedback, stuff like this helps!
Yes I meant the second shot you posted to the forum. Its a great action shot, just feels a little dark. Once again, I am totally jealous of skiing in such a location. It must have been amazing!