Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera settings sharpness + saturation in RAW
I know it can be turned off in DPP; and it is very easy to do so; just means an extra step for processing the raw. Bit of a pain since I copy images to my linux box raid drive from the camera; then I have to copy the files to local disk on the window machine to process (I shoot raw+jpg so I can use jpg if they are good enough). The problem here is that DPP will not allow me to access the samba (network) drive exported by the linux box (this is the first software I used that would not allow that). Copying the files is not a huge deal but annoying. Anyways for the xsi i was amazed how much detail was lost by the jpg out of camera due to slight (level 2) lum. noise reduction being applied by the camera; on the other hand it wasn't needed in the first place for iso 100 images I was taken. Other than that I'm fairly happy with the xsi. Very tempted to get the 5dmk2 but don't really want to deal with the weight/(and more so) bulk.

[quote name='wim' date='30 June 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1277897505' post='765']

That is true for jpeg, yes, not for RAW, however. See my reply to pinhole as well. It can actually be turned off in DPP, but I can't remember how as I don't use DPP anymore. I can remember using curves etc. with DPP for RAW conversion and indeed endign up with soemthign different, deliberately, to the jpeg generated from camera settings in the profiles etc. Personally, I normally use either DxO Optics or PS.

Kind regards, Wim

[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Camera settings sharpness + saturation in RAW - by Comte - 06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Camera settings sharpness + saturation in RAW - by Guest - 06-30-2010, 02:01 AM
Camera settings sharpness + saturation in RAW - by Guest - 06-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Camera settings sharpness + saturation in RAW - by Guest - 06-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Camera settings sharpness + saturation in RAW - by Guest - 06-30-2010, 09:23 PM