Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance of being able to use the good old layout ?
I am missing the good old layout of our forum

yes this forum has more functionalities, but with the old forum, by just logging in I could see all threads, who is replying, replying to who etc, the tree view for all messages was more than perfect, here we have subcategories and I have to click inside each subcategory to look for the messages, I am missing the good old days.

I am not saying this forum isn't excellent, it is, also it is fully featured, but I miss the layout of the old site.

Can we have customisation like the old forum and have all categories joined together (the old function combined forums) at least ??
Sorry, this is history now. There's no way to implement such a feature anymore - we can only modify the layout. That's it.

The closest thing to the old approach is "Today's active content" (entry page -> below the search form).

This will give you the list of topics with activities in the last 24h. To the right you can spot the latest reply.

It's not the same but maybe better than nothing.
I will attest that the "Todays Active Content" works very well. It isnt quite the same as the old layout but I feel it gives a good mix of advantages from the old and new fora. One other thing that I have found useful is automatically subscribing to a thread when I reply, although this mightn't be a good idea for very frequent posters...

Cheers

Allan
[quote name='allanmb' date='09 June 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1276075902' post='375']

One other thing that I have found useful is automatically subscribing to a thread when I reply, although this mightn't be a good idea for very frequent posters...

[/quote]

Yep, I use this in any other forum I'm active, but I cancelled it here immediately.

Today's Active content is one way to get an overview, also note that the icon sections on the forum's main page change colour if there are unread messages.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com