Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon mirrorless is official now
Nikon just launched a teaser  about their mirrorless camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...kZZkw8d5a4
Could become "Independence day III" when the Aliens attack with some poor photons.

On Nikon rumors: "the teaser campaign started on July 23 and the official release will be on August 23rd"

Just one month more, keep it hot until photokina. And I'm still wondering when Canon will release their beasts and how these will look.
(07-23-2018, 08:25 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Could become "Independence day III" when the Aliens attack with some poor photons.

On Nikon rumors: "the teaser campaign started on July 23 and the official release will be on August 23rd"

Just one month more, keep it hot until photokina. And I'm still wondering when Canon will release their beasts and how these will look.

Next year as far as I am aware, 2 versions, 1 approx. 30-36 MP, and another probably with around 24 MP. The Canon FF milcs have been spotted in the wild a couple of months ago already, in the hands of testers.

However, sounds a bit like too little, too late. I will only get any of them at 40+ MP, otherwise I am not interested.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
It's kinda tough to imagine, CaNikon would leave the FF market to Sony. However, the DPReview video from Chris and Jordan about the new 400/2.8 from Sony shows that Sony is no longer the manufacturer with no seriously long lens...
I think the most interesting question will be - once both CaNikon will have released their stuff - how soon all those die-hard DSLR users will jump ship.
In a religious market, people follow their leaders to new lands ... despite previous claims that these lands were heavily poisoned ...
Happened for FT, happened for Sony and it'll happen again ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
FT was dead already by the time they decided to try MFT. They then stopped the FT line, forcing existing users to either go for MFT or to look elsewhere. Same almost true with Sony, they tried a few years to gain market share with their hampered DSLRs and later SLTs, with the release of NEX their DLSR/SLT line (the development of new lenses/cameras) came to a grinding halt almost, leaving (the few) existing users to flee elsewhere.

One thing Sony did right is recognise that FF would make their line a success.
Sony tried to follow more than one track - and confused / disappointed a couple of users. I also hesitated to go back to Sony, after I had bought 3 and sold two of their bridge cameras - two new feature in, one old out (and too often the one I liked to use...).

We'll see what CaNikon can iconize.
Back to Nikon mirrorless, from the video, it seems the mount is huge, much than needed for full frame, could it be a medium format ??? Makes perfect sense, this way they don't cannibalize their DSLR sales
If a new mount is already necessary, I also would go bigger than the 60 year old one. I don't think they come up with an oversized FF sensor (or what the call MF these days, just to sound more important/Pro/dedicated/justifying a huge price jump). The adapter they have makes only sense if the modern lenses can be used with and most of them are made for 24 × 36 sensor sizes. Fuji also used a much bigger mount than they need for their 44 × 30 sensors.

I'm just wondering if they keep on the CCW direction to mount the lens? To me it was awkward in the beginning, but it goes well with the direction of the lens hoods. When mounting a lens it's just one big turn to fix the lens and unmount the hood.
"Full format" is just a meaningless definition. It wouldn't be too bizarre if they went for something slightly bigger or smaller.
Something bigger would be more aligned to a "DSLR killer" and high margin business further away from the depths of smartphones.
I still think, however, that APS-H would be a sweet spot for mirrorless - albeit I think that it is unlikely.

FWIW ... https://nikonrumors.com/2018/07/23/more-...mera.aspx/

The comments are funny - the world is full of religious people apparently.

In my life, I owned 12 different cars from 10 different manufacturers. Experiencing multiple religions is so much more fun especially if the gods don't care ...

I think today I will test a Sigma on Canon ... ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji