Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJI (the drone guys) acquires Hasselblad
That is according to Luminous Landscapes at least.

https://luminous-landscape.com/hasselblad-acquired-dji/

A successful company acquires another with huge potential. I have hopes that good things will come out of this.

Big surprise!!!

Perhaps behind the scenes things were not so rosy with their blinged out outrageously priced rosewood clad Panasonic/Sony nonsense bodies, frankly I thought it represented more of an embarrassment than good business sense.

It could of course indicate DJI's nervousness about the drone market given all the proposed legislation against them.... strange times all round.

The X1D is creating a lot of interest, looking forward to ordering mine from "Bangood" maybe or "Hobbyking" on line.... Tongue

Does Hass have a future ?

X1D seems quite popular, according to... Hasselblad.

Not only according to Hasselblad. It looks like initial orders far outweighed expected orders, by a factor 4 or 5.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Yeah, that's the according to Hasselblad part Smile

Quote:Not only according to Hasselblad. It looks like initial orders far outweighed expected orders, by a factor 4 or 5.

Kind regards, Wim
  I can believe it, it is a small unique camera that promises the best IQ out there.

My guess is that  Pentax sales of the D645Z will suffer a little as a result.

Personally I expect the Fuji GFX 50S to hurt Pentax more than the X1D.

Talking abut DJI though: anyone here having first hand experience with their products? I'm considering trying a drone for photographic purposes and it seems the DJI drones offer good quality and reliability for a reasonable price.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Hi Markus,

No experience myself, but DJI is considered to be the best for consumer-pro drones. At DPReview the DJI Mavic Pro won product of the year in that category, while 3 out of 4 candidates were DJI drones.

If you want better than that, you end up in a completely different category of drones, with prices becoming a multiple of what these drones go for.

HTH, kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....