Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year!
Hello Everyone,

From the Netherlands a happy and picturesque New Year! And I hope a better year for all those who have suffered from war and terror.

Kind regards,

Reinier

Happy new year to everyone, my thoughts are also with terror victims I see everyday at the hospital, heartbreaking stories every day, hope I am being efficient easing even a bit of their suffering with my treatments.

Hope you get better this year and be able to take more pictures, and yes a website with your past work is a wonderful idea, pictures don't belong to drawers or hard drives, they have to be shared.

For all the others enjoy this new year wishing you all the best.
Hi Toni-a,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I hope my dream comes true and if it does, I will let you know.

It is sad to see so much suffering in the Middle-East and other parts of the globe. My thoughts go out to all the victims. And Lebanon has a lot to bear too! I wish it will be a peaceful year in your country! We often forget how lucky we are if we live in safe countries.

Kind regards,

Reinier

Quote:Hi Toni-a,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I hope my dream comes true and if it does, I will let you know.

It is sad to see so much suffering in the Middle-East and other parts of the globe. My thoughts go out to all the victims. And Lebanon has a lot to bear too! I wish it will be a peaceful year in your country! We often forget how lucky we are if we live in safe countries.

Kind regards,

Reinier

We have proverb that says " A thousand miles journey starts with a step "

Why not starting with the new year ?

If your pictures are already sorted and ready there are plenty of options instagram being the professionals favorite didn't figure out why yet, other options like Flickr are readily available.

Hosting your own website is quite an easy job since you have no commercial plans. Me along with other members here can surely help.

Your dream is closer to reality than you think 😊
Hi Toni-a,

Thanks for the offer.

I have to sort out a lot of photographs first. I have thousands of digital images which haven't been post-proccessed or even archived yet. And that's beside the thousands of slides I have not even scanned. I think I leave the slides for now. And just focus on the digital images first.

Of course I don't have to do it all at once, maybe I should start by just looking for a nice selection and then slowly start from there. Problem is I cannot sit for long periods of time, so I have to do it in, like you say, a step at a time.

Kind regards,

Reinier
The good news digitalizing slides can now be nicely done with a DSLR.

Using a slide duplicator you will have plenty of digital pictures to arrange.

My suggestion: Don't wait to finish working and arranging to publish, publish while you are working this way you will have encouragement and positive feedback.

Start with any sharing website, then you can move to your own website, a sharing website will give you some visibility on the net to attract viewers to your own website.

And as said if you want a website just for photo sharing it can be easily done, plenty of ready made software can do this.

Most important is starting doing that first step then everything will follow. Looking forward to see your work.
Hi Toni,

Thank you! I will give it a try.

I open up a new thread on slide scanning / digitizing, because I have some more questions about it. I hope I can show some i ages within the coming months, I cannot promise it, but I will try.

Kind regards,

Reinier