Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got the Zhiyun Weebill S
I made a choice (see my previous thread) and got the Zhiyun Weebill S. Being such a new world to me, I know there are higher-than-usual chances I'll be disappointed and anyway I'll take a longer-than-usual evaluation time.

First impressions:

1. It's heavy, more than expected. Partly is objective (in the total weight a plate is not counted and it adds something), partly is subjective (I'm pretty sure a guy used to the gym won't have problems) and related to the fact that I'm not used to carry along my equipment by means of a "pistol grip".
  2. It seems it can't handle the a6300 + SEL70200G, which is only 1.6 Kg (well below the limit of 2.9 Kg). This is unexpected: the combo A7III + SEL2470GM is, by specs, same weight (which means something more, including the collar) and is in the compatibility list. Probably the problem is not related to weight, but also to distribution of mass - the SEL70200G is longer. It makes sense, being related to torque, but perhaps this should be written clearly. In any case I'll double check, also asking to the manufacturer.
In the end I'm happy I didn't go with a more expensive piece of equipment (it would be also heavier and outside of my range), while perhaps it would make sense a lighter product - sure no SEL70200G, but more friendly for carrying along.

I'll post follow-up comments.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.