Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haha ...
I am in paradise ( Lord Howe Island ) ... and I forgot to take a SD card ...

At least I can zoom and focus a little ... :-))
Hope you will manage to find one, of course there are some mobile phone shops, you can get a micro SD with adapter, hope it works 

There isn't even a mobile network on the island. The islander voted against it. ;-)
I already like this islander.  ^_^ Sounds like paradise.

And how do you manage to post? There's internet, then? Check the tourist kiosk or tabac shop, I'd say. O r do they only smoke homegrown? tobacco, of course...
The (only) supermarket didn't have one. They suggested the post office or the esoterics shop ;-)

I'll see tomorrow. Otherwise I'll join the smartphone folks (this camera works after all - even without a network).

FWIW, it's already an adventure to come here. Our first flight was cancelled due to wind. We met a swiss couple who planned to stay for 3 nights but was fortunate to get a single one (which is nuts).
Oh, we have satellite internet here (since mid 2016) - just like in the aussie outback.

This is part of the national broadband initiative here (NBN).
Always at airports there are SD cards, I guess your only option is contacting your travel agency if they can send you a card with someone coming or you can try to buy one from another tourist/local  even if you'll be paying more than its real price.

Bummer... and I always wanted to know what Lord Howe island looked like (from seeing it on the maps since when I was a child).

That's why I always have a spare microSD card on me - unless I don't take a camera at all - and if I'm travelling, I'm taking all I have (which right now is 3* 32GB microSD cards, and a 16GB one in the cellphone.

So finally could you find an sd card ?

The esoterics shop had one (16gb). ;-)