Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 flash / strobe personal experience - review?
Is there anybody who uses the Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 for Canon or Nikon cameras?

How is its recycle time? Does the radio work properly?

Hod does it work? Any experience? I would like to use it for wedding photography.

Thanks for you input!

Never used it, however they are comparing it to Canon 580 EX, for weddings you need high speed recycling, and here 600 EX is on another planet, have both, 600ex rt can do rapid sequence pictures, 580 ex just can't.

Li ion might be an interesting feature but I prefer eneloop batteries much cheaper and you can find them anywhere at worst you can get any AA batteries.

Canon are using now ETTL II much better than their older system film based, ETTL II uses subject distance for better metering and helps the camera setting white balance, they don't mention ETTL II compatibility.

So IMHO for wedding I would stick to Canon 600EX RT, if price is a problem take a look at yongnuo 600RT a perfect copy of 600EX RT but with reliability problem and overheating so make sure you have always a backup flash ready if you go for yongnuo and most important make sure you have an excellent warranty deal because you might very well need it.
Thanks so much!!!