Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samyang autofocus lenses coming for Nikon and Canon
Hope they will have a decent autofocus, at shallow DOF it needs to be really good

http://photorumors.com/2016/09/30/samyan...important/

Just read the interview in french: not only they are preparing autofocus lenses,  they are also preparing for stabilized lenses.

When asked about high precision aspherical elements like sony Master he said that this needs heavy onvestments meanwhile they have other projects, they will consider it later on.

Well, I hope they are. The market for third party lenses has been pretty thoroughly shaken already, and this may be another game-changing event (like the launch of the Sigma Global Vision lenses and the new Tamron series). Samyang could very well extract themselves from the bargain bin and become the new part of the "big 3" of the independent producers, ousting Tokina (which has been asleep at the wheel for awhile).

And if I had been a Fuji X or Âµ4/3 user, I would not have fretted about the slight from Samyang: these mounts are pretty well populated already. Ditto the Sony E mount - but that one has problems with lens prices.

Do we really need another higher end player? The early Samyang offered decent optics for a low price, at a cost of simple mechanical design. If they move up, I'm sure their pricing will also, so will there be enough to choose them over others?

Maybe they can concentrate on the gaps left by the existing players...

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
 With the reduction of ICLCs sales, it looks to me that there is a big rush for producers to come up with designs that will keep them in the game, with every manufacturer producing top flight products.

All producers have had the chance of a lifetime when AF cameras arrived on the scene, it created a lot of obsolescence, high resolution sensors have reboosted that demand again, recreating another new market, my guess is there will be less reason to buy new lenses in the years to come.......

...unless of course they start lowering the level of construction, so that our old lenses end up in the dustbin instead of on ebay! 

Quote: With the reduction of ICLCs sales, it looks to me that there is a big rush to m
What are ICLC's?  :wacko:
Inter-Changeable Lens Cameras? Just guessing...

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:Inter-Changeable Lens Cameras? Just guessing...
Ah, right. Now that leaves that m.  :unsure:
Quote:Do we really need another higher end player? The early Samyang offered decent optics for a low price, at a cost of simple mechanical design. If they move up, I'm sure their pricing will also, so will there be enough to choose them over others?

Maybe they can concentrate on the gaps left by the existing players...
I bet they'll leave their current MF offerings in the lineup anyway. But by starting to make modern lenses, they'll get a lot of new possible customers - like myself, as I never even considered any of their stone age lenses, but may be interested in an up-to-date product.
Well with chinese giants coming, all manufacturers should have very hard competition. Starting with primitive manual focus lenses then it will be high end lenses.

I don't think Samyang will ba able to survive in the upcoming years if they don't improve their products, the emerging Chinese manufacturers will eat them alive