Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 12-24mm f/4 Art, 85mm f/1.4 Art, 500mm f/4 Sports announced
A Canon 11-24mm f/4 for the rest of us I reckon ...
http://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/ca...a_12_24_4/

a 500mm f/4 OS

http://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/ca...s/s_500_4/

and the 85mm f/1.4 Art that we discussed already

http://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/ca...t/a_85_14/
$1599 for the 12-24mm f4, $5999 for the 500mm f4 and $1199 for the 85mm f1.4.

Klaus, you will be busy(er) this fall. Big Grin
85/1.4 filter size: 86mm ...

Quote:Klaus, you will be busy(er) this fall. Big Grin

*sigh*
And that's only the Sigma side of things... I already look forward to the details of Sydney's harbourbridge with the 500 mm  :lol:

Just a joke, relax. Now, so silly: All those lenses carry the "serious photog's NoNo", they have AF, ts, ts, although going fully manual is so much in fashion.

Quote:*sigh*
I feel for you; the backlog is already huge as it is. Sad

Looks like I accidentally predicted the correct price of the 85/1.4... In any case, between the price and the size, the Tamron 85/1.8 look more enticing by the hour. Although I have no doubts that this lens is going to be great, most likely cutting the Otus down to size.

Speaking of the 12-24... they're probably going to leave the current one in the lineup as well (kinda like what they did with the 50/1.4), because the price has gone up quite a bit - understandably, as this is a straight f/4 lens instead of f/4.5-5.6, and larger/more complex to boot). I wonder if they're going to release a new variable aperture UUWA zoom to latch into the price slot below. I believe there had been a rumour of an 11-22/4.5-5.6 lens to replace the current model - though at the time, nobody quite expected the Spanish Inquisition...

The 85mm f1.4 Milvus has nice bokeh. But it is even more expensive and similar in weight to this Sigma, which offers AF.

Both are very heavy for 85mm f1.4 lenses. The Tamron 85mm f1.8 weighs what 85mm f1.4 lenses used to weigh.. I agree that it is a very interesting lens.

Quote:The 85mm f1.4 Milvus has nice bokeh. But it is even more expensive and similar in weight to this Sigma, which offers AF.

Both are very heavy for 85mm f1.4 lenses. The Tamron 85mm f1.8 weighs what 85mm f1.4 lenses used to weigh.. I agree that it is a very interesting lens.
Yes but the "classic" 85mm lenses like the Nikon 1.4 D and the original (non-Milvus) ZE were not that great at wide apertures... With the megapixel count going through the roof again I imagine they'd have their collective arse kicked just like so many lenses have been by the 5DSR in Klaus' tests.

This Sigma has exactly the same filter size as the Otus, by the way.

We see the same fattening with the recent 50mm f1.4 Art, the 35mm f1.4 II from Canon and so on. And the two new Pro lenses from Olympus too, by the way.