Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meyer-Optik Primoplan 75mm f/1.9 announced ...
Insanely priced as usual ...

http://www.meyer-optik-goerlitz.com/primoplan-75-f1-9/

300g for DSLR lens - not too bad.

Sample photos look very nice.

For that amount of money you can get a Canon 85mm f/1.2 USM L II or a Zeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 ...

Yes the sample shots look very nice nice indeed, doesn't she just!

Quote:Yes the sample shots look very nice nice indeed, doesn't she just!
Pick a pretty model for the sample shots and suddenly most of them start looking better to the (mostly male) audience!  Wink

The price of â‚¬1499 sounds inexplicable but then again, if that company isn't out of business yet then someone must be buying their stuff. I'm just wondering who all those people are and where are they?

EDIT: Ow, I missed the â‚¬1999 part below. This is nuts, but so has been everything this company is doing. They're trying to pull a Leica with (seemingly) very little objective claim - and hopefully they're going to face the consequences, as the amount of facepalming they've generated must be enough to shift the Earth's rotation. That said, I hope against hope that someone (preferably Messrs. Klaus and Markus) gets to test these lenses to see whether they really have some secret Mojo that may justify the price tag...

I sort of doubt that they'll give us samples for testing ... ;-)
 This business model is about putting the "financial risk in advance on the customer"  if the financial target is achieved then the active production can begin. The lens is an old know design,so no risks there either, all that's needed is a lens manufacturer to produce it.

With limited expensive sales, enter an interesting and "artistic marketing backdrop" harking back to the days of early mysterious lens design to tempt in those few possible clients with a promise of special magic rendering and Bingo, there you have it!

The time is ripe at the moment with many talking about bubble bokeh.....

....but we all know about bubbles, they have a habit of bursting!

The smart guys are raking through boxes in thrift stores, those who got sucked in are giving out their bank card numbers and  pledging...

Rest assured that Kickstarter has (usually) nothing to do with relevant financing these days.

Kickstarter is a marketing instrument.

Again what's the point of posting a picture like this one ? check the center bokeh and peripheral bokeh, even if I had it for free I wouldn't use it

[Image: primo4jpg.jpeg]

Quote:Yes the sample shots look very nice nice indeed, doesn't she just!
Big Grin

Yes, with her the shots have to look great. Excellent choice of the model  B)